Popular Games Analyzed from a developer's point of view

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Bianca Fialho, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Bianca Fialho

Bianca Fialho New Member

Hey there!
    My friend, a fellow game developer, is making a series of videos on popular game analysis. He has so far analyzed Pokémon Red/Blue, Undertale, Megaman and Super Mario World.

I think It’s interesting and educational because he breaks the games down and shows us that many choices on the gameplay were made with the intent to ease the players in, teach, or even manipulate them into behaving in an ideal way or choosing a desired path. I’m sure many game developers out there can benefit from his analysis to improve their own games’ experience for the players.

The most recent analysis on Super Mario World, for example, shows how the game was made more accessible to players when compared to Super Mario 3, in order to reach a bigger public... But it’s always a tricky choice to make a game easier, and something that must be executed with care if the developers intend to please both original and new players.

Check it out and thank you for the attention =)

Super Mario World Analysis

Link to the Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEc_aMHuCLrLDAnzYQZ9Jtw