Plimus & Plimware - where's the MANUAL?

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by Chaster, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Chaster

Original Member

Hey, has anyone out there used Plimware (Plimus' SDK) to create integrated payment processing/copy protection? I've heard good things about Plimus, but I can't for the life of me find ANY documentation on HOW to use the Plimware.dll! :confused:

It's driving me a bit nuts. I find it unbelievable that they neglect to include an instruction manual with their SDK (!?!?)..:mad:

Heck, if nobody can point me in the right direction, maybe I'll just go with Esellerate...

Chaster

2. Chaster

Original Member

An answer to my own question from Plimus

Got the following response from Plimus:

"Hi,

Thanks for your interest in our services. Unfortunately we are about to change entirely our PlimWare solution to resolve some connection issues. This change will be very significant and will render the old version unusable. Unfortunately we do not have a date set yet for this change.
    Please note that the PlimWare solution is independent from the BuyNow solution which ca still be used to sell your products online.

Sorry if we couldn't be of more help.

Regards,
    Plimus Sales"

-----------------
    Sigh,

I want the in-game purchase option... I guess I'm going with Esellerate...

Chaster

3. Jack Norton

Indie Author

Uhm why you would want the ingame buy option? I am fine with the normal buynow... I already have people scared to buy from a webpage, I can't imagine if they have to buy from inside the game... :D

note: if you use esellerate, remember that they don't have integrated VAT, so expect 50% less sales from Europe (it's a pity since esellerate is good in many ways).

4. isp

isp
    Original Member

Plimus

I ran into the same problem when I was looking into plimus. Since I had no idea on how to use plimus sdk, I decided that using Armadillo in place of plimus sdk will be a good solution as well. Has anyone here using this method?

5. Chaster

Original Member

Well, we used to have only purchase through webpage, but once we added integrated buying, our conversion rate went up noticeably. Of course, it probably has to do with the type of game/market demographics. Our target market is stay at home moms who don't know enough to give a rat's ass about security... Your mileage may vary.. =)

6. LiquidAsh

Indie Author

Chaster - Prior to your in game buy option, did you have an button/link from your game to the web page a person could buy from? I'm just curious if your higher conversions are comming from adding a path for people to buy, or if these people actually prefer buying from within their game over through a web check out.

7. Chaster

Original Member

Originally, we had our "buy now" button open the webpage to buy our game.. Er, so "yes" to your question.

As for additional path vs. preference - hard to say. We (currently) no longer have the ability to buy the game through a webpage, but the "buy now" button uses integrated selling, so there is no "additional path" - it's more like "replaced the path"... We'll be putting the option back in for our next game (so the player will be able to buy directly in game AND through webpage purchase).

If we had both paths in the game ("buy now directly" vs. "buy through the web") perhaps I could compare, but all I know is, conversions went up when we replaced the "open purchase webpage" path with "buy directly in game" path... <shrug>

Chaster