Please help me get started with indie dev I need like a starter guide.

Discussion in 'Indie Basics' started by JokingVampire, Jun 14, 2016.

1. JokingVampire

JokingVampire New Member

So I have recently joined the indie dev wortld and I love it!!! So I was wondering if anyone could help me out by telling me the software ill need and the best way to learn what need to learn. I am not really an artsy person I am more of the back end stuff but could someone please suggest all the software for game development, art and animation and anything else I might need. Another bonus would be how to learn all that I need to learn where can I get all this info and any help to steer me in the right direction. Also, my budget isn't HUGE either. In conclusion I kinda want a indie dev st up.

Many Thanks

#1 JokingVampire, Jun 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    allordiron likes this.
  2. Scoper

Indie Author

First, you will need a game engine and a lot of tutorials.
    Many people start with Unity or Gamemaker Studio.

3. Spacerogue

Spacerogue New Member

For starting, Id start with no budget and focus on learning the ropes. Im only familiar with U4E witch is free (untill you make money of your work)

Best starter guides I'v personaly encountered;

JokingVampire and Scoper like this.
  4. JokingVampire

JokingVampire New Member

Thanks a lot for your help will check out the videos!

5. Rekusi

Indie Author

Yeah those vids are great! I saw them a while back, too.

6. idurvesh

idurvesh New Member

Go to Unity 3D site ..Watch their live tutorials , get basic understanding of Unity engine ...then download it and get your hands dirty.....Set small small targets and keep learning new things each day....

finally start Googling alot and watch hell of youtube videos....