Play & Distribute Your Game or App online with OSA Kit Pro.

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by sphinx, Dec 2, 2006.

1. sphinx

Original Member

Release your game on the desktop and via the browser. Increase the impact in terms of distribution and exposure for your game on the Net! without the need to rewrite it from Scratch in Flash or Java. Allow potential buyers to really try before they buy .

Now you can deliver your game or app online through any browser using OSA Kit Pro which supports IE, Firefox, Opera, Mozilla, SeaMonkey or any other compatible browser!

OSA Kit is quick and easy to setup and even better very affordable! The OSA kit pricing structure has been designed to allow for the greatest amount of accessibility for developers and programmers.

For more information Please visit http://www.osakit.com
    For trying or seeing it in action please visit http://www.osakit.com/inaction.html
    For prices and Licenses please visit http://www.osakit.com/buy.html

Edit :
    Get 10% off when you buy before the 1st of January 2007 and here is the coupon code
    ANCI-1010

#1 sphinx, Dec 2, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2006
  2. ZuluBoy

Indie Author

Nice tool and good price. I am thinking of using it to distribute my upcoming game.

3. overture

Original Member

Although I wish it was more automatic to install for the user (because of IE's activex warnings and the need to download/install the player for firefox) I just might use it for my next game since it's reasonably priced.

I am curious, however, if it will work for games programmed in python and made into an executable with py2exe, since there's a few dlls and extra files (besides media) required for it to run. Do you know if anyone has had success with a similar situation?

Also, when the user runs your program, I assume it's out of a tempory cache and so you can't, say, store a user's save progress or high scores on their machine, but rather have to send it to your server or something?

Anyways, thanks for the 10% off.

4. sphinx

Original Member

I did not try it with Python games but if you give me a link to your game I can try it, or why do not you try it for yourself www.osakit.com/downloads/OSAKitProSetup.exe it is easy and quick to setup.

No, you can save progress and high scores or what ever you want and that's a double blade if you know what I mean :) that's why I am working on a sandbox which the basic idea is to prevent the running game/app from accessing any folder other than the one it executed from! Still early development though, 'Tim or anyone can you help? ;)'

Edit:
    IE's activex warnings and the need to download/install the player for firefox is needed only ONCE!

5. Mike Boeh

Administrator Original Member

I am basically starting this thread over. The motives for Indiepath's posts are obvious.

6. dxgame

Original Member

I develop using VB6, and we need to install an activex .dll if needed in the end users system folder. Would this work with your utility?

7. sphinx

Original Member

I can make that for you :)

8. lennard

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

This is cool but still a little rough around the edges.

After installing the kit (auto-install would be nice) I still have to click the install for each app. - the text is kind of small and not entirely clear. Seems like nit-picking but if we are bothering with all of this then the point is to make it dead simple for technically naive users, otherwise they may as well download and install.

I would be very interested in your service under these conditions:

1. Developer download kit so I can monkey with the thing locally to see that it exactly fits my needs.
    2. Cleaner install - single button "You need to install OsaKit to run MonkeyGame" OK CANCEL. Skip step 2 if on system.
    3. Play Monkey Game (may take a minute to install)? OK CANCEL.

9. sphinx

Original Member

It only needed once for any user.

You can edit the HTML code the way you want!

That's the case try downloading the Trial OSA Kit SDK which include a Web Page Generator tool to generate the required HTML page/code for OSAKit to work *AND* you can use it to test your games/apps locally!!!

You can make a Javascript to check for the plugin existence, if it is there then fire OSA Kit and make it download/run the game if not then notify the user to install OSA Kit Pro Player.
    Actually I was going to do that and make it available with the SDK but thought the current way is working ok but I might reconsider that!

10. amaranth

Original Member

This looks really great and affordable. :D

11. Tertsi

Indie Author

Yep the price is much more reasonable than that of igloader's. I'll try it when the time comes.

12. lennard

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

nope

OK, so I have the player installed and I run the HTML shown in the SDK. The page shows:

"Nothing shown above? 1-Install OSA then 2-Click here"

Nothing shown above is not obvious to an end user. Heck, it's not even obvious to me. Furthermore, I have the player installed and don't see anything above. I'm not trying to be a PITA, I would really like to use your technology but, IMHO, this isn't clean enough.

13. Olivier

Indie Author

Same problem here. Are you able to launch the games at http://osakit.com ? I'm not, and this is on 3 different machines. I already told the author about it and hopefully he can do something.

14. sphinx

Original Member

It worked for Lennard but he finds 'Nothing shown above? 1-Install OSA then 2-Click here' not obvious enough!

Regarding your problem Oliver, I think it is ODD... Actually I tried OSA Kit heavily on more than 40 different computers (friends' cyber cafe) including my 2 desktop PCs and my Laptop and all worked like a charm!! (many people here, Blitz and PureBasic forums tried it without any problems)

Anyone with non-English Windows can try it please?
    I know Oliver's computers have localized French Windows! I am not sure this is the cause though

Also could you please test this www.osakit.com/bonbon.html
    It is Oliver's game, please report if it works or not!

#14 sphinx, Dec 7, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2006