Platypus featured in PC gamer

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by Dan MacDonald, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Dan MacDonald

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Yep, on page 22. A nice glossy screenshot next to bejewled 2 and heavy weapon. Grats Anthony.

Also, grats to MikeB who's cited as the developer "Retro64" and Grats james who's cited with the website "www.reflexive.com".

Also mentioned but not pictured, are Hampsterball by rapisoft, Gish by Chronic Logic, and WildSnake Invasion pinball 2.

Atlantis makes the list as well, ironicly "By: Big Fish Games" but the website link is www.reflexive.com. :p

2. PoV

PoV
    Indie Author

I've heard some good things about the upcoming march issue of PC Gamer UK, but I might be biased as to what I consider good things. ;)

3. Anthony Flack

Indie Author

Could someone be so kind as to send me a scan of the page?

4. Emmanuel

Moderator Original Member

Actually, two magazines have been "prescient"; pc gamer with Atlantis, and French magazine Joystick with Fairies. Both credited the game as being made by Big Fish, I suppose because we decided to put a BFG screen, and only a small mention of funpause on the main menu. Funny, though.

Oh, and I would be grateful for a scan of the relevant page as well. I've heard about the pc gamer thing but not seen it :)

Best regards,
    Emmanuel

5. Teq

Teq
    Original Member

A Scan from both mags would be nice :D

6. Mike Boeh

Administrator Original Member

So it gives the reflexive URL for Platypus, which won't do much good as it isn't anywhere easy to find there. And it credits Retro64 as the developer, which is also not true. I wish the article was more thoroughly researched. Perhaps it's because the game has no splash screens at all. They were removed because, at the time, the file size was really pushing the upper end....

Distributed by Retro64.... Published by Idigicon... Developed by Squashy Software with additional help from Retro64....

7. Grey Alien

Indie Author

It's around page 5 of bestsellers, I know this as I was immensely proud when my game overtook it for about two weeks at Christmas.

8. Anthony Flack

Indie Author

The first is an odd choice, isn't it? Just pick the first affiliate you find?
    The second, I'm pretty used to by now...

Anyway, I'd still love to see it.

9. soniCron

Indie Author

To be honest, it reflects my confusion when I became interested in the downloadable gaming scene again. It used to be that everyone sold their own games and that was it. Nowadays, everyone's pimping everyone else's game, and there's nary a credit given. It's extremely disorienting to anyone unfamiliar with the way things work.

10. Anthony Flack

Indie Author

Bumpity!

Please, can someone show me?

11. TimS

Original Member

Well I guess we can just say that Bejewled 2 and Heavy Weapon are in good company... Sorry I can't provide the showing, Anthony... last PC Gamer issue I owned probably had Alone In The Dark 1 on the cover. :(

Congrats on the new press, though -- to all involved.