Pixel art tool that can display a chosen color's RGB values in 18 bit VGA.

Discussion in 'Indie Basics' started by x86-16, Nov 29, 2017.

1. x86-16

x86-16 New Member

I'm writing a a game for MS-DOS in 8086 assembly language. It uses video mode 13. (320x200 256 colors)
    The supported color depth is 18-bit (6-bit red, 6-bit green, 6-bit blue) 262,144 colors. (256 useable at one time)

It's a little annoying to have to convert a 32-bit color to an 18-bit color every single time I want to import a new color.

Is there a pixel art tool that has an option to display a chosen color's RGB values converted down to 18-bit?

To be clear, i'm not talking about tool's like Aseprite which include the default VGA color palette (which is ugly).

I don't even use any of the colors in the default palette.
    I redefine all colors on almost every map I create.