Pirate Software

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by voodooshaman, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Chozabu

Original Member

heck,
    if you know they shouldnt be, report them!
    if you think they shouldnt be, e-mail them...

id say e-mail with something like
    "are you aware you are selling a copyrighted game for money, and should not be"
    not "are you selling a copyrighted game for money without permession?"
    though less frendly, id think its more lightly to get a truthfull-ish answer

if theyve bought the game, selling it over e-mail and deleting their copy after sending it, i think thats ok (guess it depends on licence, but imo ok) - though i guess that is really very unlightly, and hard for them to show so...

would make sense to contact the authors of the games aswell

2. Repton

Indie Author

Hiding behind Ebays cloak of relative anonymity is being tested by a large Australian company. Its games ended up on Ebay, and on May 26 it group-sued the 10 or so Ebay vendors offering its products, but also subpoenaed the details of all Ebay users who purchased the products and is in the process of suing/threatening them as well.

3. Fabio

Original Member

"threatening" sounds like terrorism to me. :rolleyes: