Pick your favorite logo entry for Retro64

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (PAID ONLY)' started by Mike Boeh, Aug 9, 2005.

1. wibble

Original Member

I like #46, but only with the text from #1 on it (I have to be awkward...)

2. Didier

Original Member

hmmm,
    i think you should create a poll for this one ;)
    It will be easier that way don't you think?

Didier

3. papillon

Indie Author

Well, the thread as it stands seems to clearly put forward that there isn't one that's really grabbing everyone and saying "THAT is Retro64..."

4. Adrian Cummings

Indie Author

3,9 or 44 for me.

Adrian.

5. cliffski

Moderator Original Member

12 is the best i think.

6. tolik

Original Member

Me too, furthermore, I think 47 is Rockstar logo.

7. Nauris

Original Member

12 does it for me. It doesnt scream for attention yet its solidly there. Slick, simple and readable, which many of logos here arent.
    kinda screams 'i`m iPod generation, man!" :)

8. Abscissa

Original Member

2 and 3: Probably my favorite. They look very retro, but not out-of-date, and still professional. Very nice.

4: Hilarious :D

8: Looks a lot like those retro t-shirts.

9: It's good, but looks too much like the RaptiSoft logo

10: I like the design (It reminds me of 80's design, which I love), but something about it seems just slightly amateur - although I honestly can't place exactly what. *shrug*

12: Very nice, but just doesn't look "fun".

30: Not bad, but I would read it as "64 Retro"

41: Pretty good (especially if the 64 is changed to the yellow like in 40), but I still like 2 and 3 better.

45: The separated "R" looks awkward, but if it was 1. Put right in front of the "E", 2. Set to the same size as the rest of the letters (and consequently making the logo more rectangular) and 3. Lose the extra elongated portion of both "r"s and the "e", than it would look VERY nice, and would be a tie in my mind with logos 2 and 3.

48: Not to bad, but I honestly agree with Robert Cummings's deleted comment about it looking to much like, umm, well... sperm. And I don't mean that in an immature joking way - it *does* look suggestive.

49: Get rid of some of the extra margin, and scale it up a little so you can make out the little squares more easily, and it would be very nice.

#28 Abscissa, Aug 9, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2005
  9. soniCron

Indie Author

#1 is definitely the best. I like #3, but I don't think it goes with the site/company profile very well.

#29 soniCron, Aug 9, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2005
  10. Larry Hastings

Original Member

I'll abstain from voting, as I have a dog in this fight. But logo #9 looks like one of the many forms of the Yahoo logo. They have a yellow Y in that font in front of a red? purple? ellipse.

11. GhostRik

Original Member

#10 is, technically, already taken...

It's based on a template from "The Logo Creator" and pops up before my own "retro" game listed in my signature (with a different company name, of course).

12. Ratboy

Original Member

I like 46, if you can get it cleaned up. :)

13. sllohcin

sllohcin Guest

Well... #46 was supposed to look like this. I don't care for the black in the background but that was just to make it stand out.

[​IMG]

14. Nexic

Indie Author

I think number 30 is the best of them all. But not perfect by any means. I think the trouble is, a name like Retro64 is very hard to find good imagery for, but obviously dont change your name :)

15. Pyabo

Original Member

I like #8, but you could make the "retro64" string much prettier. Also like #13.

Number 48 has some potential, but the text isn't very appealing and the black background is horrible. I really like the pixelated invader though.

Production quality on 44 and 45 make these really stand out, but I don't like the separated R. I think if these could be tweaked they'd be a good choice.

16. Addictive 247

Indie Author

I like numbers 10 & 44.

17. Robert Cummings

Original Member

Hey mike,

You could always take the bits you like from one logo and the bits you like from another and one of us will probably hack something up for you.

I know I could never live with a logo unless it grabbed me somehow :) I suspect you won't be happy with any of the new ones unless it's somehow made perfect.

18. Mike Boeh

Administrator Original Member

To be blunt, I have no plans to use any of them.... But I still have an ipod to give away! :) So a winner has to be picked!

19. Ricardo C

Original Member

I like #31, minus the spotlight. So basically, #30 with a black background.

#46 minus the circle outline.

#19 if "64" used the same font as "Retro"

#45 if the letters were arranged linearly.

20. soniCron

Indie Author

Suggestion

Perhaps you should pick the highest rated ones and create a poll with them? Or is the winner dependent on your favorite?