Phoenix Racing V 1.3

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by lostzac, Jul 3, 2006.

1. lostzac

Original Member

Mythopoea Games is proud to announce the demo release of Phoenix Racing.

Select 1 of 2 tracks to race on. Take on either the oval track in true race fashion, or take your car out on the drag strip in the middle of a volcano. See if you have what it takes to handle the race. As you race and win, modify your car and build it into a true racing machine. Can you build a machine fast enough to take on the AI Racers at level 5?

In Phoenix Racing you can modify everything from the transmission to the drive shafts. There are 10 different slots on the car you can switch out. Phoenix Racing was built on real world car data and features the Allard J2X Mk1 in the demo. The cars were modeled to resemble their counterparts, in both look and performance.

The race set up allows users to set everything from environment to how the car handles things like hills, turns, and how many laps the race will be. The demo play version is set up for single play with the full version following with full multi play action.

ScreenShots
    http://www.mythopoeagames.com/modules/xcgal/albums/phoenix racing/screen shots/allard_showroom.jpg
    http://www.mythopoeagames.com/modules/xcgal/albums/phoenix racing/screen shots/convini_rendernew.jpg
    http://www.mythopoeagames.com/modules/xcgal/albums/phoenix%20racing/screen%20shots/normal_volcanic_track.jpg
    Direct Downlaod Link
    http://www.mythopoeagames.com/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?cid=1&lid=2

We would appreciate any feedback you can give.

2. TimS

Original Member

Your direct download link goes to some kind of user login screen on your website.

3. lostzac

Original Member

4. lostzac

Original Member

5. jessechounard

Original Member

When I first installed it, there was no icon on the desktop, nor in the Start Menu. I had to browse to find it. Then I attempted to play it, I had difficulty starting a race. Might want to make things a bit simpler on that front.

6. Hidden Sanctum

Original Member

Lots of issues. :(

- Had to go look for it after the install.
    - I chose instant which wasn't very instant since it told me I needed to pick a car.
    - I had no clue what I was doing. Perhaps the option to purchase a car should have been called "Purchase car" instead of (I think) "Stock". At least that's what I thought I clicked on. I was just clicking on buttons to figure out what the heck I was doing.
    - I hate hip-hop. Clicking music did nothing and I was forced to have to listen to it.
    - FINALLY got to start a race and nothing happened. I clicked around the screen like crazy and finally quit.
    - Couldn't quit. When I looked down, my taskbar was filled with buttons for your game.

7. RohoMech

Original Member

Yea, I had similiar issues like Hidden. The installer crashes (erorr with gentee.dll) and the game ran kinda slow on my machine. I tried to pick a car for the instant race but it wouldn't let me, so I tried advanced, and bam I had a bunch of "track1.exe" instances opening up, so I killed everything. So, I couldn't try the game out.

From what I did see, I'd suggest getting a better start picture, the background looks okay but the "racing" text looks a bit odd.

8. lostzac

Original Member

feedback

I appreciate alot of the feedback, alot of the issues were detailed in the read me txt that came with the download. I am still working on the desktop shortcut. As for the music, the music player was not part of this download, and is part of the full version which allows for custom music...

I will work on making things clear for the race.....I thought the quick race was self explanatory...

For those who couldnt get the race to start did you read the controls ?

[CTRL] + W or S to shift the shifter into drive

Arrow Keys for Gas ?

There is also a 10 second wait for the data to be loaded into the server.

Looking forward to any more commits

9. lostzac

Original Member

The game is set up to run the server for a multi player race, then starts a client for you to race on.

10. Hidden Sanctum

Original Member

Well, that explains part of the problem. I clicked 'deny access' when McAfee popped up. However, I think the game should give some kind of message about not being able to connect and state that the connection is required. Instead it seemed to just continue on and open numerous instances.

11. lostzac

Original Member

I will see what I can do about addig a dialog message thier. Thank you for the commits.

12. lostzac

Original Member

Version 1.35 is now up.

Fixes include
    Allard now goes correct speed
    Lag on Green Light Reduced
    Cars in Showroom have correct Information

13. RohoMech

Original Member

well, I kind of guessed that, the issue was the program started several instances...like 5+ before I started killing them. Is that expected though? I could give it another try if that's how things are supposed to go, I was just worried it might spawn like 100's of them...that'd be bad :p

14. lostzac

Original Member

Yeah that would be real bad lol

15. lostzac

Original Member

New Version 2.0

Phoenix Racing Version 2.0
    Due to the complaints from the community, we are releasing version 2.0. Version 2.0 separates the server from the client. Now when a race is selected you will jump straight to the race, instead of being loaded into a second window to race. The Client now handles everything that deals with the accentual racing of the game.

How to Race:
    Now all you have to do is buy your car, and select race. A dialog will pop up asking rather you wish to race single player or Multi-player (Multi-player is not enabled in Demo). Click on Single player and another dialog will pop up asking you for a name, and Track Type you wish to Race on. Type in your name, and select your track. Hit Ok , you will be dropped into the race, and off you go.

Fixes
    Server – Client are separated, no loading windows

New
    Change Throttle – K
    Change Steering – J

*Note Pressing one or the other dose not enable total mouse control or Joystick Control
    .To enables Total Mouse Control press K&J keys once, for Joystick twice.

Mythopoea Games Inc