Personal Website or itch.io?

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by Adam Smif, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Adam Smif

Adam Smif New Member

Hello developers,

I am working on a text-based game that is currently intended to be on my own website. Recently, I discovered how people have been using itch.io to post their games and I was wondering if people knew if itch.io would be fine with me publishing my game on both my website and itch.io? Thank you and I appreciate your help.

Adam Smith

2. onpon4

onpon4 New Member

I can't speak for itch.io, but they certainly haven't gone after me for posting the games I post there elsewhere, and I don't see a reason for them to do so.

Adam Smif likes this.
  3. DoomGuy

DoomGuy New Member

Itch.io is simply a store for indie developers to use. They aren't gonna come after you and as a matter of fact, I believe they recommend it. More stores = more exposure.

4. VRex7

VRex7 New Member

I would recommend posting to both. As DoomGuy mentioned, they recommend it. =]

5. metateen

Moderator Indie Author

I'd honestly go with Itch.io, if you're unfamiliar with it then a personal site would be more successful.

6. snowdesert

snowdesert New Member

itch.io def..
    let me know when its up

7. jkj yuio

jkj yuio New Member

I sell on itch, I also have a website for the product, but i haven't set up selling directly through that site. The cost of selling direct using, say Stripe is the same as selling through itch. I do however share 10% with itch, but this is voluntary.