OUYA info

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by xteamsoftware, Feb 16, 2014.

1. xteamsoftware

xteamsoftware New Member

Dear all,

I would like to develop for OUYA, what do you think?

It has a good market?

2. Desktop Gaming

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

No, it doesn't have a good market yet. It's a very niche market.

It may grow, but who really knows at this stage?

3. bantamcitygames

Administrator Original Member Indie Author Greenlit

I was pretty excited to see OUYA at first, but I need it to be more than just a way to turn my TV into a big tablet. I think the Steam box might be more of what the market is looking for.

4. lennard

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Here's a mobile newbie question...

Depending upon the game type/UI why can't xteam just develop for Android keeping OUYA spec's in mind?

5. xteamsoftware

xteamsoftware New Member

We develop for third parties for mobile, console e desktop.
    We don't, normally, publish as indie and we don't know this "market".

We develop for Android but, if we develop for OUYA, we need to support the game and develop it to make it compatible with the console ( controller, ouya store, change control for improve the playability, ..... ) and this is work and time.

Reminds me XNA, develop for pc or xbox is very different ( if you want to develop a good product ).

Another question, how can "publish" the indie games (PC / Mac / Mobile)?
    Obviously over the store (GooglePlay, AppleStore, ..... )

Thanks for the help

6. jcottier

jcottier New Member

My next game will be release soon. It is a full touch screen game but support from the start Bluetooth controllers. The normal Android version is running as it is on OUYA (and it will on every other android micro console). So, really, for me, supporting OUYA is a simple option as it only take the time to submit to their store (and some very little tweaking). Not sure what the market is really on OUYA (I don't expect much to be honest) but I am doing this for the forseable future. A lot of Android Bluetooth devices are going to be released this year and I'll be ready.

JC