OK, Game done.. what next?

Discussion in 'Indie Basics' started by Chicknstu, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Chicknstu

Chicknstu New Member

This is the noobest of the noob questions.

we've got a game. we've been workign on it for a few months, and now it's done, polished, tested, and we're really proud of it. And yes, it's another 'addictive puzzle game.

So, this is a huge, all encompassing question, but....

What next?

Stu

#1 Chicknstu, Sep 28, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  2. Maupin

Original Member

Error. Does not compute. ;)

3. Desktop Gaming

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

What Maupin said. 'a few weeks' is not screaming the alleged 'lot of effort' you put in.

Not saying you haven't, but you've made it sound like a rush job to try to make a quick buck with.

Can we see this game?

4. Chicknstu

Chicknstu New Member

typo, I meant months!

I dont know about seeing the game, since I've got the fear about copyright etc... First time we've done something with the intention of selling it.

5. Nexic

Indie Author

Don't worry about patents/trademarks etc. Unless you're idea is really revolutionary (I mean, REALLY) you have nothing to fear.

Different games will do better through different distribution channels so will be easier to give advice if we see your game (even if it's just a demo or screenshots)

6. jcottier

jcottier New Member

If you want feedback, post in the feedback section. You will see quickly if your game is ready or not. Anything else is just blablas until people can see what is your game.

JC

7. Chicknstu

Chicknstu New Member

I'm not really looking for any more feedback, more advice about what to do with it now it's done.

#7 Chicknstu, Sep 28, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  8. Maupin

Original Member

Looks colorful! If you're considering a portal like Big Fish Games, does your game match their usual releases when it comes to production value and polish? The bar is pretty high these days due to the casual market's growth. Based solely on your screenshots, your game looks more like a browser-based flash game.

By the way, I see you've got a Jet Set Willy remake on your page... I'm going to have to check that out.

9. Chicknstu

Chicknstu New Member

The only thign it doesn't have is a 'metagame' of sorts (eg.. raiding an egyptian temple or baking cakes for people). It's just a puzzle game.

It's a fairly heavily featured one though. It's got 3 game modes at varying difficulty levels, high score charts etc, 100 'levels' and lots of nice effects....

10. jcottier

jcottier New Member

You shouldn't hesitate to submit it to BigFishGame. They might take it if the gameplay is good.

JC

11. Spore Man

Indie Author

Hurry up and finish Joust World already!

12. Chicknstu

Chicknstu New Member