No Enemies Music

Discussion in 'Music & Sound Portfolios' started by wizzlefish, Mar 31, 2006.

1. wizzlefish

Original Member

Artist: Steve Campbell of No Enemies Development
    Site: http://www.noenemies.com (under construction, but still offering services)

Hello there, I do freelance music for games and anything else, and have been looking for a place to post my portfolio for a while. Music can be in pretty much any format, although I prefer to work in *.ogg. *.wav can be used, but it takes up a lot of space, and is not recommended.

Some samples of my music (all in .mp3 format - some people have no clue what .ogg is)
    Avenue D
    Definately Not the Circus Jam
    Fortified - Long Version
    Out From Underneath the Ground
    Remix Revolution
    Soda and Polar Bears
    Summer
    That Red Lamp

I mostly do instrumentals, and I can do calm music for casual games as well, but those aren't nearly as fun to listen to.

For a quote email me: steven@noenemies.com

2. PoV

PoV
    Indie Author

Wait... didn't you just say you were 13? Bravo. I don't even want to talk about what my MOD music was like at that age. ;)

If you're really interested in producing music for others, what'll help is by making some reference game soundtracks. Take a game or game idea (lets say, underwater casual game), and produce a complete soundtrack to it. Title music, in game music (song or two), and jingles for losing and winnig a level. Music contract work is extremely competitive. It really helps build the confidence of the buyer if they can listen to samples, and get a picture of how you as a musician approaches the specified composing challenges. Most likely a developer will ask for a song for this, a song for that. It needs to be clear that you can suit the needs of your clients, as much as being able to compose in the first place.

3. electronicStar

Original Member

Wow that's good.
    The quality is uneven and your age does show in some of the interpretations.
    But some of the songs are surprisingly good , with a cool seventies vibe to them (probably because of the synthetizer samples you are using, but not only).
    Good Job, keep making music.

4. wizzlefish

Original Member

Some of it isn't synthesizer, actual real recordings, which must show through.

electronicStar: probably also because I love 70's music.

I have other music that I used for my games, but I can't seem to find it. Once I do, I'll upload it. Thanks for the advise, PoV. I haven't really been making music for games, but when I showed this one game developer my music, he said some of it would be great for games. Most of the songs are very irregular, with strange breaks, and weird solos (Remix Revolution) which wouldn't be very suited for games, but I'm sure I can come up with real game songs - ending, starting songs, for various game themes.