New revenue stream

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by Ole Ivanoff, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Ole Ivanoff

Ole Ivanoff New Member

Hello All

Just want to say hello. I am a seasoned developer myself (started in 1996 on cd rom games) and have been jack of all trades on more than 25 games on various platforms from pc, web and mobile.
    Currently I am Head of Developer Relations at Skidos based in Copenhagen.(you can google us since I don't want to impose links etc. here in my first post)
    We have made an educational platform SDK in Unity and we are looking for developers with great games for children that want to partner with us. Help children between 5 and 12 learn all over the world and also add an extra income.
    Basically we create a new product that is your game plus the educational content so you can keep doing whatever you are doing or plan to do with your game.
    At the moment I am looking for a super tower defense game in style with Plants vs. Zombies.

Cheers all!

Ole

2. zizulot

zizulot New Member

I am in the works for it right now :) , but its deffo not for children, what kind of things you could offer me to change my project to children orientated?

3. Ole Ivanoff

Ole Ivanoff New Member

Hi Zizulot
    I can't really tell without knowing more about your project, but from a general point of view it would have to:
    - Minimum text vs. complicated instructions
    - Not-so-violent or comic vs. blood and gore
    - An easy to relate to story/setting

Plants vs. Zombies is an example of what we are looking for.

/Ole

4. zizulot

zizulot New Member

Well my game right now
    -Minimum text(dont have instructions yet),
    -Its really violent and gore (For example Good guys is Police officers etc, bad guys is drug addicts mobsters etc , its only thing what I need to change to make it kids friendly)
    -Story is still in a works

And its based on Plants vs Zombies(Gameplay is pretty simmilar)

5. Ole Ivanoff

Ole Ivanoff New Member

Sounds super cool, please let me know when you are ready to share a test version.

6. zizulot

zizulot New Member

Ok no problem, I just have one question, if I will make two versions of the game one for kids, and second as my planed project, with different names and assets, but gameplay will be verry simmilar, is it any problem with that?

7. Ole Ivanoff

Ole Ivanoff New Member

Hi Zizulot
    No problem at all - That is one of the basic ideas in our setup - The developer can keep and evolve the original game, retaining all rights etc., while the educational version is a completely new version, living it's own life with new game name and sometimes with customised graphics.

8. Cleaf

Cleaf New Member

Hey Ole,

Is there an specific platform you desire? im currently making 2.5D platformers at Unity

9. Ole Ivanoff

Ole Ivanoff New Member

Hi Cleaf

At the moment we are publishing in iOS and Android.

Cheers

Ole