New release: Optimus Apparatus

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Stolpskott Studios, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Stolpskott Studios

Stolpskott Studios New Member

Optimus Apparatus is a singleplayer game combining Gravity Shooter with Action-RPG elements.

http://www.stolpskottstudios.com

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Fly missions on randomly generated maps, gain cash to upgrade your spaceship
    as you progress through 15 different worlds.

Pickup spaceship components dropped by defeated enemies and use them on your spaceship.
    It is possible to balance your spaceship components abilities, energy costs, weights etc in many ways.

Construct the most effective combat machine, using many different weapons and
    spaceship components, each one with randomized statistics and special abilities.
    Components have different pros/cons which can be enhanced/reduced with other components.
    There are many possibilities when constructing your spaceship.

Then prove your spaceships effectiveness on the Challenge missions, and compare your results with others on the online hiscore ladders.

Can you construct the Optimus Apparatus?

Henrik Ekenstierna,
    Stolpskott Studios

2. Jim Buck

Indie Author

It's nice to see a different art style with pencil-drawn sprites. Kind of reminds me of the Sony Online game Cosmic Rift.

3. Red27

Indie Author

To be honest, the start annoyed me slightly - I just wanted to get playing and not have to read 10 pages of instructions and configure my ship - I think that a tutorial mode and a default ship would be best, and drop the player straight into the action.

The graphical style is interesting, and obviously a labour of love, so good job re: that.

One final thing; I hate it when a game doesn't include an uninstaller, and almost makes me resent the game, but that's just my 2 pence / cents worth...

4. Stolpskott Studios

Stolpskott Studios New Member

Good point with the starting. I have updated the game.
    The ship now has one preinstalled weapon and the first page now says that it's possible to just press the World Icon for Instant Action.

There's an Uninstaller, just forgot to add a shortcut to it in the StartMenu, fixed now.

Thanks for your replies.

#4 Stolpskott Studios, Sep 20, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2008