New Indie Studio Recruiting Core Team Members (Royalty/ Profit Share)

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by MW_WHDS, Mar 31, 2020.

1. MW_WHDS

MW_WHDS New Member

White Hair Development Studios

Established at the beginning of march 2020, White Hair Development Studios is a brand new indie game company, currently recruiting a core team for our debut project. We are utilizing free open source tools such as Unreal Engine 4.24+, Quixel mega scans, and Blender 2.8+ in conjunction with a unique production concept to develop with AAA quality on an indie scale. We currently have 8 team members working on a part-time basis (10-15 hours per week) with room to grow. We are still seeking Programmers (C++, Blueprint), 3D/2D Artists (Character, Environment, General), narrative writers, as well as a project and community manager.

A little bit about our project. We are Developing a 3D third-person, story driven, action adventure game. Centering around a sky ship crew and their misadventures. The story itself is a satirical commentary focusing on many of the personal and global issues facing our brave band of miscreants. Further details on the story, gameplay, or monetization aspects will be provided to team members upon being offered a position.

The Project is currently ready for the pre-production stage of development. The next step is construction of a minimum viable product/prototype, at which point substantial financing will be pursued.

Qualifications

Personal Hardware that meets minimum performance standards for next gen console development (HD monitor, speakers, desktop/ laptop/ tablet, etc..)

Experience in some level of game development is a plus
    Experience with Unreal Engine 4 (Blue-print, C++) is a plus (Programmers Must be proficient with C++)
    Experience with Blender (node editor, Python) is a plus
    Long term commitment/ dedication to finish what you start
    Most importantly: A sincere passion for making video games, a desire to deliver the best product possible, the drive to seize the opportunity of a life time and see it through!

As a fledgling indie studio with no budget, we do not expect the majority of applicants to have 15yrs in AAA games, nor does more time automatically mean better. We Welcome all applicants and are willing to work with team members to grow their skills. All we ask is that you are honest about your abilities, and only undertake something you are confident in your ability to handle.

To apply please email us at Bigsmoke27.mw@gmail.com or DM me on discord at: MW_WHDS#0995

Matthew Watson
    Indie Game Developer

2. MW_WHDS

MW_WHDS New Member

I am happy to announce we have completely filled out our sound team with 3 sound engineers who are composing our custom music. We also currently have a character artist, two general 3D artists, a 2D artist, two gameplay programmers and myself (lead designer, writer, project manager, and general artist/gameplay programmer).

Unfortunately I have also had to let 3 members of the team go for non-participation. This is a part-time royalty project, so members are not expected to commit more then 10-15 hours a week. That said, we do want to complete the project, so anyone who isn't active in the chat or producing anything for more than two weeks without communicating a reason will be removed from the team.

We are very close to having our first fully operational sky ship completed, as well as a couple musical scores, the background surface landscape, and work on the core gameplay systems is underway.

We are still seeking artists as this is an art heavy project, experienced C++/blueprint programmers (unique movement/damage systems) , and we are still seeking someone to take over project and community management so that I can focus more on the narrative and design, then the logistics and communicating with everyone all the time.

We are still less then two months old as a studio and still growing. If you have any questions or are interested in joining the team please don't hesitate to email or DM me on discord. I'll be happy to answer any questions you have about the project.

Matthew Watson
    Indie Game Developer

3. JoyFreak

JoyFreak New Member

Congratulations. I hope the team works well together and brings some amazing unique ideas.