New Hard Hitting Political Game

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by svero, Sep 3, 2008.

1. svero

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Watch out Cliffski! Your days of monopoly are over. Yes that's right.. REAL political strategy is here! Whack the vote lets you take control of the coming 2008 election. Carefully plan campaign strategies, spending, what policies you're going to push, VP selection, dirty tricks, and... well.. err.. actually none of that! Just kidding!

You just whack the guy you don't want to win with a big hammer.

http://www.whackthevote.com

Check it out and please feel free to link to the game. If you want to host it somewhere that's fine so long as it's unmodified. I can provide the flash file if you contact me.

- S

2. JGOware

Indie Author

Don't care for the Osama bin Laden graphic.

3. princec

Indie Author

Silly :) Should be some sort of bonus for twatting Mr Bin Laden though.

Cas :)

4. aiursrage2k

Original Member

Hes at the Campaign for liberty, not to be bopped off so easily :D

5. electronicStar

Original Member

Google Ron Paul:p

6. Applewood

I thought the Osama head was the funniest thing in a fun game.

Don't be so uptight. The worst thing you could do is take the twat seriously.

7. svero

Yeah... I'm surprised anyone would be offended or in some way detracted by the Osama head. You get to whack him no?

As for Ron Paul I definitely wanted to add him... but I wasn't editing the code directly in this case and that particular request was err.. well there were lots of "like to haves" that didn't make it.

8. Sybixsus

Original Member

The collision detection seems pretty ropey, unless there's something I'm missing. I generally had to click two or three times on each head to get a hit, which made things a good deal more tricky. I did still manage to tw@t a few deserving souls though, so it's all good.

9. svero

That's in our next game where you lob bricks of gold at the federal reserve building with Ron Paul manning a catapult. When the value of the dollar rises past the euro you win.

10. AlexWeldon

AlexWeldon New Member

Not a great game (collision detection kind of funky, as stated, and there should be some kind of effect created by whacking people other than the candidates), but a clever marketing ploy nonetheless. I'd say it has a good chance of being a breakout viral hit... it'll be interesting to see what kind of effect it has on sales of your real games.

11. AnthemAudio

Original Member

I would actually dig this as a screensaver. Do it!

12. svero

Well the collision detection is not broken but it is a little finicky. We could make it more forgiving but it requires a pretty straight on hit right now. And yeah.. its clearly a smaller scope game for a bit of topical fun. Not intended to be a very deep game of course.

13. Jesse Hopkins

Jesse Hopkins New Member

-----------

#13 Jesse Hopkins, Sep 4, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  14. Escapee

Original Member

The election is undecided as i kept hitting the last state like forever.

Maybe he doesn't deserve the hammer like the others? :p

15. JGOware

Indie Author

I'm not uptight at all, I just don't think it's appropriate to have any terrorist be included in what is otherwise a light hearted fun game that all ages, any political background should enjoy. Imho it just immediately loses it's "general" appeal to everyone knowing there are terrorists in the game.

Now, a different game with countries instead of states where you're bonking the heads of well known terrorists? I'm all over that one. :) lol..

16. Ratboy

Original Member

On the other hand, the more you mock someone like that, the less power they have.

17. Applewood

You got it!

The act itself of treating him as a serious character is the very thing that gives him legitimacy on the world stage.

Even denouncing someone implies they are worthy of being denounced - ie someone who is important enough to take a stance on, regardless of what that stance may be.

Ignore and deride and all that goes away. It's our only real weapon - tanks and missiles certainly did fuck all.

18. Maupin

Original Member

The collision detection seems broken to me. As the game increased in speed I found half of my apparently well-targeted blows were misses.

Having Bin Laden pop up is just weird, and makes no sense. It's fun to hit him, though.