New GameDev Book Released

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by joshuadallman, Feb 2, 2009.

1. joshuadallman

Original Member

Wow I had no idea about MDickie's book until this thread. The comment (fake or real) is pretty melodramatic and marketing-speak funny. By MDickie's book description on Amazon you'd think this was as important as Nelson Mandela's autobiography.

I think I'll just read his Wikipedia entry if I'm ever sufficiently interested in his life, but a whole book is a bit overkill, especially if it doesn't include a CD-ROM with a full version of all his games.

2. Desktop Gaming

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Mine arrived this morning. Haven't had much more than quick flick through at present. What I will say, is that the "amateur vs professional" thing somebody mentioned, continues over onto the next page. ;)

3. Game Producer

Moderator Original Member

Please, let us know if you review the book... I'm sure people would appreciate.

4. Sybixsus

Original Member

That sounds sensible. It's a fair bet he wrote his own Wikipedia entry as well.

Having played one of his games, it's probably better value without that CD-ROM.

5. Desktop Gaming

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

At least you could find a use for the book if you run out of toilet roll. Not sure what you could use the CD for. :D

6. Pyabo

Original Member

Oh man... for a minute there I was a little worried that I didn't know who this guy was... then I saw that he's the guy that did The You Testament.

Still laughing.

I feel all electrified.