New 2d engine (3d hardware accelerated) almost available

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by Slayerizer, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Slayerizer

Original Member

Hi everyone, I'm currently working on a 2d engine (using DirectX) which I intend to use for my own games. I wish to release my engine to the public and publish updates as frequently as possibles. I wrapped a tutorial and posted it in my forum. It's not a game, it's just a demo which display a sprite (tank), fade in/fade out support, screenshot support.

I want to hear feedbacks about the way the engine is called and more... does it seem easy enough to use?

tutorial #1

it's basically a standard win32 application, except that the window creation is replaced by a engine initialization call.

you can have windowed/fullscreen support..

main forums index

current features

See current features link for licensing info ... (but the important part is that it's free! )

thank you

2. esrix

Original Member

Pages aren't showing up. You might want to fix that.

3. Slayerizer

Original Member

yeah just saw that :eek:

my host is so unreliable, I just hate that (and I prepaid 2 years).

I called them (seems like they ran out of disk space for the mysql server)

should be fixed in 15 minutes!
    :mad:

4. Slayerizer

Original Member

forums are up!!

forums are back up!!