New 2d/3d Game Framework

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by Christian Soe, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Christian Soe

Christian Soe New Member

Hello,

I have been struggling to find a good game framework to develop a simple game. I have a few options like Unity/Cocos2d-x but found they have some limitations.
    Unity: The final executable size is huge, it easily goes over 300MB, which isn't appropriate for indie gamers. And also the license fee is the problem. No one wants to pay a thousand for a simple game.
    Cocos2d-x: Was a good choice. But it has serious bugs inside - like unknown crashes. And it was hard for me to write raw C++ code. I am rather a swift/javascript developer.

So I have been checking/searching for a good framework and found this one: http://slib.io
    I spend 1~2 days to learn some basic around it. The coding has never been easier because it comes with a bunch of helper classes and it implements the latest C++ standard, so it's kind of swift coding and it supports almost all of platforms like iOS/Android/WinPhone/Tizen/Windows/MacOSX. I liked the overall progress and finally, I was able to launch my game couple of weeks ago.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/loko-master-unblocker-puzzle-game/id1217137677?mt=8

Please check it and let me know how you think.

Regards,
    Christian