Need help to getting started on Game Dev.

Discussion in 'Indie Basics' started by Patrick Rodrigues, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Patrick Rodrigues

Patrick Rodrigues New Member

So, for quite sometime I have been working in a story that is really incredible, it's that type of story that has always a second meaning and challenges someone's logic to think. Trust me, this is Tolkien type material really good. I consider myself a good writer.

I've been thinking how do I make people interested in this story I made?
    And being a big fan of FNAF series made me think how awesome it would be for Matt Pat to start and do theories about my game and really a horror game really fits the story.

I'm somewhat experienced in level designing, I've been making workshop content since 2012 through the sdk's they provide. (UDK, Far Cry level editor, CryEngine, Source engine)
    I just have this two huge problems:

1st I know nothing of programming (I'll use UE4 so I don't think much programming will be needed.)
    2nd I don't know how to 3D model and that is really a big problem because I don't know how to create my original assets.

The help I'm asking you is in how to make those assets, or how to obtain some free ones to spare time.

PS: I don't have a budget it all depends on what I will need

2. Pat Gamble

Pat Gamble New Member

Hey, we share the same first name! I was able to start an indie team on www.indieteamup.com, it's a really simple site, but it makes it easy to share your game idea, your skill set and begin talking with like minded people. Just make sure everyone knows there's no budget, but you may want to consider rev-sharing with team members, so if the game is a success, money will eventually find pockets. Just some friendly advice! Good luck!