need help naming my game

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by ohelmore, Jul 13, 2016.

1. ohelmore

ohelmore New Member

i've been recently working on a top down shooter in the style of hotline miami, but the problem is i have no idea what to call it.

THE PLOT
    a new york city cop goes investigating into heightened gang activity and discovers a plot by the gangs to ship weapons of mass destruction into the city. He takes the law into his own hands and begins to hunt down the gang leaders and kill them. On the other side of the story is an assasin, who is hired to take care of the gang's weapon suppliers and stop the shipment of WMD's getting to the city.

going on that and the top down shooter, arcade gameplay could anyone think of a good name for the game.

Thanks in advance

2. bantamcitygames

Administrator Original Member Indie Author Greenlit

DISCLAIMER: I don't know if any of these names are trademarked

Miami Steel
    Miami Heat
    Heat Storm
    Fire and Steel
    Bullet Storm
    Renegade Squad

3. ohelmore

ohelmore New Member

thanks for the help man! miami heat is a basketball team though and bullet storm is trademarked. otherwise awesome ideas!

4. Pat Gamble

Pat Gamble New Member

Sounds fun! Are you going for a funny game or serious game?
    Funny?
    Po-Po Meets Assassin
    Cop and ninja...
    Doughnuts and Blades! <---I like it...lol

Serious?
    New York's WMD's......nuts
    The Silent Killer and the Cop

Yeah...I'm sure that's helpful, right? lol Names can be tough man, perhaps trying not to make it fit perfectly is the way to go. It doesn't have to mean cop and assassin, maybe it's based more on a key point in the story telling. Wish I had more to give you! Good luck!