Music for games

Discussion in 'Music & Sound Portfolios' started by Jaap, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Jaap

Jaap New Member

Composer/Sound Designer

Artist: Jaap Visser
    Site: http://www.jaapvisser.com

Hello,

I am Jaap Visser. I am a composer of classical music and I am fully working on game music at the moment.
    Some music examples can be found at: http://www.jaapvisser.com

Thank you for reading this and any feedback/suggestions/critics are more then welcome in a reply, pm or a mail to info@jaapvisser.com

Edit: updated my email to the correct address.

#1 Jaap, Apr 22, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  2. Jaap

Jaap New Member

3. Jaap

Jaap New Member

A movie has been added to my video page http://www.jaapvisser.com/Videos.html

Please note that the music composed for this Fable 2 trailer is not official. The music is made for an xbox soundtrack competition.

Thank you and hope you enjoy and any feedback is more then welcome.

#3 Jaap, May 28, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  4. Jaap

Jaap New Member

New samples have been added to my website

I have time the next 2 or 3 months for an extra project and would like to work on a single player rpg/adventure/rts game.
    If you are looking for a composer then pm me, reply here or send a mail to info@jaapvisser.com

Music can be found on http://www.jaapvisser.com

Enjoy listening and thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jaap Visser

#4 Jaap, Jul 11, 2007
  5. Jaap

Jaap New Member

Updated my website with some new samples and I can take some projects from October and beyond.

You can hear the samples at: http://www.jaapvisser.com/Music.html

Happy listening and all the best!

Regards,

Jaap Visser

#5 Jaap, Sep 2, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  6. Elder

Elder New Member

Great samples!

I love Ring II very much, this one have a great feeling that I can't explain. The same for 'Being There', great atmosphere. 'Wake up my city' is fantastic. That's weird, but I love that sentiment of feeling 'lonely' while listening most of your tracks. I like it.

You're very talented. Your style is quite interesting.

#6 Elder, Sep 4, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2007
  7. Jaap

Jaap New Member

Hi Elder,

Thank you very much for your comments and analysis. I am glad to hear you liked it.

8. Jaap

Jaap New Member

My website had a small redo and my studio is now registered as:

Jaap Visser Music Productions
    email: info@jaapvisser.com@jaapvisser.com
    The studio can provide sound design and music compositions for games.

For the months November and December I can be contacted for 1 or 2 projects.

Thank you for your time and happy listening.

#8 Jaap, Oct 21, 2007
  9. Jaap

Jaap New Member

10. Jaap

Jaap New Member

I have added 6 new tracks to my website. At the moment I am quite busy, but I can take 1 or 2 extra jobs. I can only take paid jobs at the moment. If you have any questions, comments, critics (noo!! :p just kidding, I love critics) or maybe offers just pm me, leave a msg here or send a mail to musicproductions@jaapvisser.com

Ok to cut the crap, here are the tracks :)

1: Battle Drums
    2: Deus ex Machina
    3: Twilight
    4: Heroic
    5: Trio
    6: Sorrow

Enjoy!

#10 Jaap, Jan 16, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  11. Nigel

Nigel New Member

Love the music on your site, Jaap. The demo reel is awesome. All your pieces have a nice flowing feel to it, which is great to listen to.:)

12. Jaap

Jaap New Member

Thank you Nigel :)

I have updated my Demo Reel and added 2 demo's with sound design as well.
    My samples page has been updated with music players for certain types of music (action, drama etc). I have also added a page with videos.

You can listen to demo reels on my samples page: http://www.jaapvisser.com/Music.html

The video page is here: http://www.jaapvisser.com/Videos.html

I am about to finish a big freelance project outside the gaming industry that kept me quite busy and from within 2 weeks I have enough room to take new game projects (music and/or sound design).

Drop a mail at info@jaapvisser.com or pm me here for any questions, offers etc.
    Though I cannot work for free at the moment, my rates are reasonable and can be negotiated.

Regards,

Jaap

#12 Jaap, Feb 16, 2008
  13. Jaap

Jaap New Member

Thanks Hannah and lppee for the kinds words and the time to listen to my music :D

Update from my side:

20 songs are now available for purchase as royalty free music at my webshop. You can listen (and buy? :eek: ) the songs here: http://www.jaapvisser.com/Shop.html

Any form of comment, feedback and suggestions are more then welcome of course!

Best,

Jaap Visser

14. Jaap

Jaap New Member

I have finished most of my current projects and I can take new projects. I am working full time now with my studio Jaap Visser Music Productions.
    My studio got a lot of new stuff recently and therefore I can provide a large variety of music. Going from high quality full orchestra to etnic world music.

I can provide sound design and composition for a reasonable price.

Contact me for further information on info@jaapvisser.com

Demo Reel and more music (lots of new stuff added in the players) on:

http://www.jaapvisser.com/Music.html

Thank you for your time and interest.

Best regards,

Jaap Visser

Edit: My previous page called Samples.html have been replaced by a Music page and contains a new player with different types of music. It should be easier now to navigate. All my previous posts have been updated and they contain now the correct info again. Some of it was outdated and some pages didn't excist anymore.

#14 Jaap, Mar 22, 2008
  15. Jaap

Jaap New Member

16. Jaap

Jaap New Member

An update:

A big new action track has been added to my demo reel as well as a subsection "arcade" music.

You can listen to the new action track here:

Keep Moving

The "arcade" subsection in the music player contains some music that resembles a bit the "older" game music and is intended to also show some midi and synth like music for games that would require this style of music

You can find direct links to listen here:

A peacefull morning
    Little adventure music
    Tavern
    Restless
    Intermezzo
    A weak shimmering

Other update is that one of the projects that I have done the music for is about to be released and this HL2 mod had a nice feature in the PC Gamer UK from March. Info about this project can be found here:
    http://www.bloodstone-thejourneyhome.com/news.php

I also did recently a track for the game Rage of War and this game is planned to go retail soon and I joined the BGIn as pro-silver audio member and became member of IGDA

Thanks,

Jaap Visser

#16 Jaap, May 31, 2008
    Last edited: May 31, 2008
  17. Pedro Camacho

Pedro Camacho New Member

Great work here Jaap! Good luck :)

18. Jaap

Jaap New Member

Thanks Pedro :)

Update again from my side.

Jaap Visser Music Productions offers now a special custom made music and sound design package with a semi-exclusive deal. Perfect for a startup Indie game company, mod project or hobby projects.

What do you get?

6 songs and up to 30 sound effects

The music will consist of a:

1: main theme/intro/credit music (up to 2 min)
    2: menu music (around 1 min)
    3: battle music 1 (up to 2 min)
    4: battle music 2 (up to 2 min)
    5: ambient music 1 (up to 3 min)
    6: ambient music 2 or a boss theme (up to 3 min)

Total = maximum of 13 minutes of music

Sound Effects

Up to 30 custom made sound effects such as button sounds, monsters, magical sfx etc. You provide the assets, I will create them.

Licence agreement:

The deal is semi exclusive and royalty free. Ok, what does that mean? That means that you do not pay any extra costs afterwards and that we make a contract deal that the music and/or sound effects are for your project for the period of 1 year. That means that I cannot use them in that year and in that way you can give your project a "unique" sound without having to pay the full exclusive licence deal. After the year experices I can sell the music and sound effects for other projects. It is possible to extend the period and that can be discussed.

What does this cost?

There are 3 options:

1: music only package - price is $220
    2: sound effects only package - price is $50
    3: music and sound effects package - price is $250 (you save $20 dollar here)

Other setups such as more or less music/sound effects can be negotiated.

Delivery time: minimum production time is 2 weeks.

Payment: payments can be done by paypal

More info about Jaap Visser Music Productions:

Jaap Visser Music Productions provides music and sound design for games, movie, tv and other multimedia platforms. Founed in 2007 by the Dutch composer and sound designer Jaap Visser.
    Music of Jaap Visser has been performed world wide and he has worked on a variety of games, movies and other projects. Currently he is working fulltime as composer and sound designer.

Demo Reel: www.jaapvisser.com/DemoReel.html
    Credits: www.jaapvisser.com/Credits.html
    Email: info@jaapvisser.com

You can always contact me for any questions, suggestions, offers etc. You can send a mail or add me on yahoo/msn on jaapvisser78@yahoo.com