Moving to Austria...difficulties

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by Jack Norton, Jul 29, 2004.

1. ggambett

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Forget that, let's all move to the smaller of the three islands and form Indieland!

2. Andy

Original Member

What Jack?! :mad:

:D Really I mostly think about warm see than hot sun - to remind you russian boy....
    If we'll be working hard we'll buy personal conditioner for every team member... Deal?

3. Jack Norton

Indie Author

Tsk tsk... you should inform yourself well.
    Thanks to global warming, the climate in the mediterranean countries has changed to TROPICAL. There's no anymore "WARM". It changes from cold during winter to instantly HOT with huge humidity. Spring and autumn are being canceled right now from the EU community for Italy and I guess even for Malta :D

4. Dmitry Chestnykh

Original Member

But taxes...

I found that Malta has taxes for people leaving here more than 180 days - about 2460 EURO/year, and it's a minimal tax :(

5. Nemesis

Original Member

A little more CFC's and I'll get rid of that nasty winter once and for all.. hurrah! :D

Dmitry, I know of some people who come here every other 6 months to avoid the tax.. it helps with car levies too.

6. Dmitry Chestnykh

Original Member

I'm gotta think of moving to Malta for a winter. I have our Russian winters :) What's with it in Malta?

7. grimreaper

Original Member

Maltese winters? Well think about Russian summers. But much, much warmer.

Oh, one other thing. In summer Malta is invaded with thousands of young nubile, er... students all wanting to learn English. And us Maltese do our very best to make sure that while they are here they at least learn something. Though not necessarily English :D

grimreaper

8. Jack Norton

Indie Author

Ok then I've realized that Malta isn't really for me :)

Bah...you people should appreciate the beautifulness of the snow... instead of looking at all those babies in bikini on the beach!!! :cool:

9. grimreaper

Original Member

Hehe. Now you know the real reason why Nemesis and I are taking so long to finish our respective projects.

Summer in Malta is not the right environment for working. So many distractions: the heat, the sea, friends organizing BBQs, those babes in bikinis ...

grimreaper

10. Dmitry Chestnykh

Original Member

Oh no! Not the snow again!!! :D

11. Nemesis

Original Member

Want snow? Open the freezer and stick your head in! Snow is evil, evil I tell you! ;)

Grim, add to that, marriage, setting up home etc. etc.

12. Bluecat

Original Member

Having never experienced snow before I moved to Baltimore, I loved it!

I was really disappointed it didn't snow more last year, and have decided that when I move back to Australia (Adelaide) I will build a weather control machine to make it snow there... and also to take over the world!

13. dreeze

Original Member

The advantage and disadvantage of snow is that it makes me more hesitant to go outside. Here, we have summer for about 3 months, but the sun is up 24-7. And the rest is winter =) Around christmas, we have just above 2 hours of sunlight. But I like it here (I live in the northern parts of Sweden).

14. formfarbeminze

Original Member

with "safe" i meant it marketwise because of the expensive gear you have to buy. normally you combine a sat-connection with a 56k to avoid what "someone said". so if it rains to heavy, your connection will slow down.

well this is your internet connection, not your car ;-)

15. Jack Norton

Indie Author

Actually, I use more internet than my car... ;)
    Really. In the last 3 months (excluding my austria holiday) I've used the car about 4-5 times. And I'm happy of that ;)