Monetization Strategies

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by MClark27, Dec 7, 2016.

1. noahbwilson

Indie Author

I think you need to visit the site.

2. AlbShadoW

AlbShadoW New Member

And is it enough if i only sign up?

3. noahbwilson

Indie Author

4. AlbShadoW

AlbShadoW New Member

I did that admob now, it wasnt so hard :D Thanks man!

5. TigerrrUppercut

TigerrrUppercut New Member

Hey @noahbwilson : I might be able to help on that front. Depending on your ad types, placements, and user locations, you should be doing significantly better than .10 a week. You might even come out with better UX too.

6. noahbwilson

Indie Author

Well TBH, that App is basically 'dead to me'. I've already integrated a better version of it in my App SCP Arcade, but that App has fewer downloads despite the fact that it includes the original Six Pack Man (plus upgrades) and 14 other games.

I'm willing to listen to what you got until you ask for CC info.

7. Ksenia Chaynikova

Ksenia Chaynikova New Member

Let me share some advice on "How to analyze promotional activities in games": if you have ever tried to run any, you know what kind of pain in the ass it is...and yes, we're a startup who does analytics but we're also truly passionate about education in game development because it is indeed poor, so we have many free resourses.

8. Rob Legg

Rob Legg New Member

if you have a game of skill, implement real money tournaments: www.jackpotrising.com

PM me if interested

9. SaySo Pubs

SaySo Pubs New Member

The company I represent has a monetization solution that will not only keep your entire audience hooked to your game, but will also help do social good in the world. With every successful transaction we make a donation to help battle world hunger!

Our offerwall which heavily focuses on online surveys is free to integrate with and we have a team dedicated to customer service!

Send me a message and we can chat some more about this!

10. Andrizzz

Andrizzz New Member

If you consider in-game merchandise to sell your own branded swag, to monetize and reward loyal users, check out www.themonetizr.com. I'm a CEO there, so I would love to help out.

11. Ankit Gupta

Ankit Gupta New Member

I make android and ios games only. There I think there are only 2 monetization options at all. IAP and ads. Definitely there can be different forms of both of these but yeah these 2 seems like the only one for free games

12. SaySo Pubs

SaySo Pubs New Member

Hey Ankit

Interesting opinion that you think these two are the only viable options. IAPs aren't going to be suited to everyone but have you thought of alternatives? One such method is by integrating anonymous surveys into your games as a way for players to get items etc that they'd otherwise have to purchase.

Example: Mobile Strike

The player finishes everything they can do for the day and has to come back tomorrow to wait on their buildings to be finished. By offering the option of an online survey which will typically take 10 - 15minutes the person can participate in this and when they complete, the survey company pays you as the dev and notifies you through a callback that the user should be given their gold/points or whatever!

13. Ankit Gupta

Ankit Gupta New Member

I do not like the ideas which in any way has the potential to hamper the user experience. The survey is again a type of advertisement if you try to see it with a different perspective. Again Ads can always hamper the user experience and become irritating, thats why I always place rewarded ads i.e. players get some rewards if they successfully view an ad.

14. SaySo Pubs

SaySo Pubs New Member

I totally understand it can be seen as a type of ad, but when you present it to the user as an option and not a necessity then this is where you will get success with an integration of surveys.

If you can imagine in the UI of the game, there is an option for the "store". The user clicks on this and it opens a shop filled with items that can cost either silver or gold to buy.

Silver is a free in game currency, but it takes a long time to get enough silver to purchase the best items. Gold is a premium currency and must be bought with real world money. this is where surveys come in. Give the user an option not to "buy" the gold but to "earn" the gold. When they click on the "earn" button - a new interface can open with multiple surveys to choose from with varying lengths and varying "gold" amounts.

15. Ankit Gupta

Ankit Gupta New Member

I got the idea of implementing rewarded surveys. Anything can work! But I personally do not like the idea of getting a survey done in return of a reward as I think it can greatly bring down the excitement level of the user by taking him to a bland survey page from a totally graphical game screen. I will any day prefer showing a couple of video ads instead as 1) they nicely serves the purpose of a small break between the game sessions and 2) People nowadays really work on the content of their video ads. Few of them are actually interesting and still pretty graphical to watch

Overall what I think is a developer should never worry too much about how to generate revenue. One should focus on getting the quality of their product right and then reaching out people. You can any day start making money from your game if 10k people are playing it daily!

16. SaySo Pubs

SaySo Pubs New Member

I appreciate your point but I am in disagreement.

In games such as EA titles like Madden where you can collect MUT (Madden Ultimate Team) Points to purchase card packs to upgrade your team, you will totally see people who have paid to win simply because they have the disposable income to do so. The people who cannot have to grind out challenges etc to stand a chance of beating higher level teams. With an option of a rewarded survey, where the player is answering questions and giving feedback on products/services relevant to them, I don't think they will care about the user interface they are now viewing. All the care about is completing the survey to get their reward, upgrade their team and win more often.

Furthermore, those who do not enjoy surveys will just ignore the option if they are happy to grind challenges to get their points - but trust me, there are many many people who actually enjoy the opportunity to voice their opinions about these kinds of things. The market research industry is a multi-billion dollar one and these companies are more than willing to pay for peoples opinions and I see gaming as an ideal platform to engage the consumers.

17. Clickky

Clickky New Member

Hi, how is everything going with AdMob? To compare prices for user acquisition on different platforms, you may check our CPI recommendation tool. It shows the approx cost per install in different countries and for different OSes on Clickky's platform.

18. ctalystnetwork

ctalystnetwork New Member

Hi Guys,

Some ways people monetize their apps:
    • Subscription: Re-occuring billing to play use the app
    • Affiliate Marketing: Commission based selling - see amazon associates
    • Advertising - admob and the many other ad networks out there
    • In App Purchases - In App Store purchase goods items etc
    • Pay for Download - Not a free app
    • Freemium Model - Pay Unlock features
    Also you guys should take a look at our new game ad network we've built here at ctalyst. The great thing is it can be added to the above monetization strategies and not interfere with any of them! Just another one to add to the list! We're also giving $100 free for the first 100 signups!

19. Danil

Danil New Member

You should try leading platforms like Admob, Appodeal, Fyber and some more.

20. sarahlewis

sarahlewis New Member

Hi,

One of the monetization strategies I would suggest is to integrate survey or offer walls to your app through websites which offer Android SDKs.
    There are several websites that offer these but probably only few give the best deals for you and your users.

Cheers!