MIT Forum on the Game industry (Pacific Northwest)

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Dan MacDonald, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Dan MacDonald

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

The MIT Fourm is having a session dedicated to growth and opportunities in the games industry. Though not explicitly targeted at smaller indpendants I suspect downloadable games and other areas of common interest will come up. Especially since our own (dare I say?) James Gwertzman will be presenting. I assume since James is representing Sprout games that there will be a lot of interesting and relevant discussion.

The event is in a hotel in bellevue, I will be attending so if there are any other forum members who think they might attend, put shout out in this thread and I'll try to hook up with you.

Here's the link.

2. donmc

Original Member

it's priced reasonably enough, so i signed up -- not like the one-day symposium in NYC back in february that was $895.

I wish you would have posted this yesterday. There was a meeting today about "funding from Angels" that i would have attended.

thanks for the info dan and let's make plans to meet up.

don

3. donmc

Original Member

is anyone else planning to attend?

4. Travis Dorschel

Original Member

Yeah, I'll be there. Maybe we can all get a table?

5. donmc

Original Member

that sounds good. hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to find one another.
    don

6. James Gwertzman

James Gwertzman New Member

Did anyone go to this? did you learn anything or meet anyone interesting?

7. donmc

Original Member

The MIT dinner last night was well worth the price of admission. James from sprout games was one of the speakers and Travis was there in addition to myself (we didn't see Dan). At any rate, the dinner alone was worth the $40. The speakers were great, and the information was surely of interest to the indie developer community. There was alot of networking going on and a great place to hand out some business cards. Plus there were lots of freebies: games, soundtracks to microsoft games, and halo2 actions figures!