MiniGolf Pro Released

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by stanchat, Aug 26, 2005.

1. stanchat

Indie Author

"Mini Golf With A Whole New Twist!"
    Mini Golf Pro is a golf game like no other! You will be challenged by holes with Fans, Transporters, Rotating Platforms, and even mines!
    Play with your friends Online or on the same computer for endless fun!
    More then 25 holes!
    Make your own holes for endless fun!
    Play with up to 4 other friends on the same computer or ONLINE!
    Blow away the competition by competing for the top score on the Online High Score Tables!
    You will be playing in no time! A quick and easy download is all you need to be playing one of the best Mini Golf games around!

Screens 1 - 2 - 3

Just Click the Next Button to bypass registration
    Download Game: MiniGolf Pro

#1 stanchat, Aug 26, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2005
  2. Sirrus

Original Member

This was a really fun game...

Obviously the art could use some good polish (as could the presentation - the window shade transitions were very bothersome visually) but I can honestly say this was a blast to play :)

3. mahlzeit

Original Member

What's with the crappy "you need to register this before you can play the demo"? That's an immediate uninstall for me.

4. stanchat

Indie Author

Just click the next button. You do not have to register!!

5. Sirrus

Original Member

I was close to exiting the setup when I saw that...just clicked Next to see if it works.

I'd definately remove it.

6. stanchat

Indie Author

It is actually the download.com free Try&Buy protection software. It was the only free one I knew of that has the ability to do 60 minute demos. According to their tech support they refuse to remove it. I have to admit it annoyed me at first until I realized that I have pretty good customer list building. Out of my 3 games using it, I have collected over 18,000 customers. Granted some use garbage info, About 80% provide legit info.

Besides I am too cheap to spring the $300.00 bucks for Armadillo at the moment. ;)

7. Savant

Original Member

Yeah, but it's not REALLY permission marketing at that point. Of those 18,000 customers I wonder how many didn't know they could just bypass the screen and entered info because they felt that had to? Those people aren't going to be looking forward to hearing from you.

8. svero

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Well.. In some ways it's the mini putt game ive always wanted. Great hole design and lots of nifty ideas.

However the implementation is really really rough. Starting with the installer. The graphics are bad, the sound effects and music highly annoying. It plays really well. The important things like physics and hole design are really solid. I just with the UI, graphics and sound were slicker. If this game had slicker presentation I'd probabably buy it.

9. stanchat

Indie Author

Ok, can we put a end to this now.

I Cry Uncle:

IF I HAD $300.00 DOLLARS TOO SPARE I WOULD USE ARMADILLO INSTEAD OF THE CRAPPY FREE DOWNLOAD.COM SOFTWARE.

Since we now know we can bypass the registration can we take a look at the actual game and let me know what you think

10. Savant

Original Member

Sorry, I thought you were here to get feedback. My bad.

11. Sirrus

Original Member

=> ditto

12. Emmanuel

Moderator Original Member

The game runs at 12 fps on this system (pIII 1 Ghz, 640 MB RAM, 8 MB VRAM, XP Pro); since you're using a software cursor, it makes it completely unusable.

If the game ran a lot faster and had better presentation, I'd probably buy it as well -- the hole design is great.

Best regards,
    Emmanuel

13. BIGZIPZ

Original Member

I am confused... isn't this game already available as a freeware game? quick google for minigolf pro.

14. stanchat

Indie Author

We purchased the online rights (souce code, publishing, etc.. ) for this game 3 weeks ago. That version will cease to exist once the deal is finalized!

We are doing some as-is tests on this game to see where the games stands. We are working with some publishers who really liked the game but thought it needed some cleanup around the edges.

The next incarnation of this game will see major improvements in the user interface area and possibly a name change.

#14 stanchat, Aug 28, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2005
  15. BIGZIPZ

Original Member

It's a great game in its current form, despite its obvious flaws, superb little freeware game right now (I believe the previous owners once made it shareware for a period)? Can't wait for a more polished version hitting the market.