Melodic Melodist

Discussion in 'Music & Sound Portfolios' started by Preyor, Feb 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Preyor

Preyor New Member

Come one, come all! To the spectacle that is, most deffinetly not, me.

Overview/About Me
    As most people will consider me to be, I am a musician, simply because I make music. But, truth be told, its a bit more than just music...

Music is a broad term, music can mean percussive screaming in a quintuplet manner, or it can refer to the symphonic ballads of the great Beethoven. Heck, even "We are Number one, but iDubbzzz" is considered music.

One can record the sound a patty makes when you first throw it on the pan and loop it in a beat-like-manner, and thereafter call themselves a musician. And that wouldn't be wrong to say.

No, me personally, I'm more than a musician. I have sound, emotion, a consistent style, passion to the moon and back, and a never-quenching thirst to become better.

I'm an architect to the physical manifestation of my songs.

An adventurer, an astronaut, a body builder, a monk, a warrior, a leader, a hero, a villian.

Just as the saying goes, you are what you eat; I am what I create. I may create music, but my music creates a story, a story in which I personify, one in which I "become" as its being made.

Now, I am by no means the best, I'm still young with no experience creating for an actual project, more or less just personal expression.

Say I had a goal, though, an idea of which I can vent my emotions and feelings towards... Like magic at my finger tips.

With this I bid the end of the post. How about giving this young "musician" a shot?

About my Music
    If you couldn't tell by my overview, I am very VERY passionate about my music, any song that I make I either love by the end of its creation, or I scrap it- no in between. As most artists can agree with me when I say that my art has to be perfect, as it reflects who I am in the most clear and defined way. If my music is half down, sloppy, and unfinished; what does that say about me as a person?

I have a wide spectrum of genres that I can make, simply put if I can hear it, I can make it. It is very important to me to explore and "tip my toes" into sounds and concepts I previously have had no experience in as it expands upon my understanding of the art and shapes my style for the better.

Now a days, I believe there are too many musicians who fall into the comfort of technicalities and science to produce songs that sound good, leading to their music sounding "normal". Yes, to the normal ear, they may sound grand and amazing, but when you listen to the soundtrack of a game like Undertale, you can easily hear why music accompanied by feeling is important in the overall effect a game can have.

Key phrase, "music accompanied by feeling". Music, as a science, is simple and generic. You can play a scale over, and over, and over again; and make it sound great. But music as an art, along side the science and feeling, is what sets two musicians apart. Whats gives them a style.

But most today fail to realize this, they output 3, 4, 5, 10, 20 songs a day, which is easy when you just use formulas and functions, and sell them all for double, triple, or even quadruple the price their worth. Because the buyer hears it, says "This doesn't sound half bad", and buys them all so they don't have to worry about the music past of their game. Thus the musician sees that this works and is very profitable, giving no reason to change.

I say this because I, unlike the latter, take my time and architect a skyscraper of immersion, something you don' just hear, but also feel.

Music Samples
    An Ocean of Water

Black Buffalo

Botter En Touche

A Loss for Words

Email me here: YourPreyor@gmail.com

#1 Preyor, Feb 14, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  2. Jed Crouch

Jed Crouch New Member

Your portfolio speaks volumes about your ability. Let that do the talking ;)

Also, embed your soundcloud tracks in the post. It will make your music much more accessible.

3. Preyor

Preyor New Member

I plan to, I have specific songs I'm working on for my portfolio currently.

Appreciate the feed back, merci beaucoup my friend.

4. Preyor

Preyor New Member

Updated portfolio, added spoilers to each part. Two new additions; "About my Music" and "Music Samples", containing three music samples "An Ocean of Water", "Black Buffalo", and "Botter en Touch".

Also added a new addition, A Loss for Words. I just wanted to take a moment to talk about this song... By far, this is my most proud work, it expresses everything that I've set out to express. It takes my own feelings, expressions, and produces them at a level equal to how I actually feel. If you are to judge me by any of my works, judge me by this one.

#4 Preyor, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017