Melin Music at your service

Discussion in 'Music & Sound Portfolios' started by Melin, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Jaxell

Jaxell New Member

Inspirational

I really like your stuff. It's the kind of music that could inspire game developers to make certain levels and moods because of the music. I instantly start to think what a game would look like that is using the music, and just as it should be, it is tunes that sticks in your head instantly. Very nice indeed. :)

2. GAMEON

Original Member

Staffan Melin has produced all music for our three latest games (Fairy Treasure, Hexalot and Word Emperor). It is always easy to work with him and he is very responsible and professional in everything he does. We actually think he is one of the very best musicians "available" for the casual market, so I highly recommend you to hire him if you need some great music for your game.

Please download any of our games to get some idea about what high quality music he can create (all music is available as external OGG or MO3 files in the game map).

Fairy Treasure - 5 in-game soundtracks (OGG) and some short loops
    http://www.gameonsoftware.com/fairy-treasure/

Hexalot - 3 in-game soundtracks (modules - MO3) and some short loops
    http://www.gameonsoftware.com/hexalot/

3. Melin

Original Member

hey!

I just realised I never update my site with new demo material, because I rarely have time to write music "for fun".

Anyway, I recently took the time to write an ambient/experimental piece and added it to my site.

http://www.melinmusic.com/Lost.mp3

cheers,
    Staffan Melin
    Melin Music

4. spoomusic

Original Member

nice

Melin! What's up, sir. Just listened to Lost and I dig it. If I had to choose a character from the TV show Lost to go with the song, I would choose Juliette.

Always good to hear new Melin goodness. Keep in touch.

5. Melin

Original Member

if anyone's interested, the new Nintendo DS game by Eidos Interactive, Pony Friends, was just released, with soundtrack by me.

http://www.ponyfriends.com

6. spoomusic

Original Member

nice

Right on! Congratulations. Can't say I'm going to go buy the game... I have this thing about carrying small pink boxes with horses on them. That's just me!

I'm curious, though. Did you do field recordings of horses for the sfx? I don't recognize the horse sounds from the vid on the site.

The real question for you Staffan is this: Who is YOUR Perfect Pony? ;)

Grats again.

7. Melin

Original Member

i will send you a pony friends e-card with all the information you need =)

8. Melin

Original Member

Hey!

Just wanted to say that the game Sally's Salon has been the topping the real arcade list for weeks now and I did the soundtrack and sound effects for it. Hope you'll like it!

9. TrickyFishy

TrickyFishy New Member

Melin - was Evil Clownz written for a particular project?

10. Melin

Original Member

no it wasn't. I just had some free-time for once, and decided to whip something together. That song was made with old samples though, before I got ewqlso gold.

11. TrickyFishy

TrickyFishy New Member

Melin - It's excellent. I sent you an email to your sales@ address.

12. Elder

Elder New Member

Remarkable portfolio, Melin. Your skill is finely honed and razor-sharp.

13. ManuelFLara

Indie Author

Melin did a couple of tracks for my upcoming game, and I have to say his work was quickly done and of an excellent quality. I highly recommend him.

14. Melin

Original Member

Okay so here's the deal. I haven't been around much in the indie scene lately, but I want that to change. I've heard less and less from you guys, and even though I've had the opportunity to write music for Nintendo DS games such as "Pony Friends" (Eidos Interactive) and "Sally's Salon" (Games Café/Real Arcade) I still miss writing for indie games.

When I was more active here, I probably scored a game or two a month, but lately I'm happy to even receive an email a month. Let's change that, shall we? =)

Looking forward to become a more active member of this indie community again.

/Staffan Melin
    Melin Music
    www.melinmusic.com

15. GAMEON

Original Member

The music for Jewel Charm

Melin made the beautiful music for our latest game Jewel Charm, http://www.jewelcharmgame.com/

We've worked with him several times before, and the quality of his work never stops surprising us! He's fast and very easy to work with. We highly recommend his services to every developer out there!

16. Melin

Original Member

Updates

Hi,

I've been aiming for a summer with as low work load as possible due to other plans. However, those plans recently got cancelled, and now I've got all this time to compose music.

So, I've got a few slots for soundtracks if you're interested. Shoot me an email or a PM with your project, and we'll be rolling.

Cheers,

Staffan Melin
    Melin Music

17. Melin

Original Member

Hey!

Major bump here. I've been busy for a long time now, working on just a few bigger projects. But now I'd really like to start working with you guys again. I've been working on soundtracks for indie games for 9 years, and have been working with companies from Eidos to Retro64, to small one man companies. I can work in any format, including Nintendo DS games, xm, mod, mp3 and ogg.

10+ of games with my soundtracks have been no1 on both bigfish and realarcade for a long time, and hey, not every composer here has written a soundtrack for a game that Megan Fox got addicted to (Sally's Spa).

Just send me a brief description of your project and I'll send you a no obligation quote. I work fast and am very easy to work with.

Oh, and all of you who do not want me to work on your project, feel free to send me lots of money anyway, and you'll have my word I won't send even a second of my music to you ;)

PS. While I'm working on getting my email melin@melinmusic.com back on track, send a copy to staffan.melin@require.se just to make sure.

Cheers,
    Staffan Melin

#37 Melin, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012