Melin Music at your service

Discussion in 'Music & Sound Portfolios' started by Melin, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Melin

Original Member

Artist : Staffan Melin
    Site : http://www.melinmusic.com

Hi!

I've been posting before in the "Service for hire" thread, and never managed to move it here, so I'll resubmit, and you can just make up all the fantastic recommendation replies that should be below this post in your head. :)

I've been around in the digital music scene for many years, and I've worked with a lot of companies that seem to be active around here at indiegamer.com but I'm constantly looking for new challenges.

Have a look at my company website:
    Melin Music

There are a few examples there of what I can do along with my portfolio.
    Music can be composed in any format, including .mod .xm .mt2 .mp3 .ogg.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Sincerely,
    Staffan Melin
    -Melin Music-

#1 Melin, Jun 26, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2005
  2. Bad Sector

Original Member

Nice website, but downloading 3MB over PSTN just to hear a small demo isn't something i would like to do.

Consider posting the original modules instead. Especially in the chiptune case, well, it's bizzare to download a 1.8MB file instead of a 10-20KB file :cool:

3. Melin

Original Member

I never thought about that, since I've got such a good connection.
    It's understandable you think a chiptune in mp3format is kind of ridiculous. It was made in Mad Tracker though, and most players does not support .mt2 format, and MT is kinda buggy when it comes to convert to XM modules.
    I will put up more demos soon though, and maybe think about adding a "low quality" version to every demo.
    Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.
    Now, hire me! :)

4. Bad Sector

Original Member

LOL!

We'll see... ;-)

5. Melin

Original Member

Hi there!

Thank you to all who have contacted me since my first post here at indiegamer. My site has gained quite a lot of traffic.

I've now put two of my "classic" module songs up on the site for download. They are from 2002, and earned me the title "Artist of the Month" at the huge music archive Trax In Space.
    Have a listen!

Staffan Melin
    Melin Music

6. Nexic

Indie Author

I got Staffan to do a few tracks for my next game and his work has been nothing short of excellent. I'm really happy with the music and I'm pretty chuffed about how inexpensive it actually was, considering the level of quality.

7. Leper

Original Member

As a musician myself I must stand up and say that Melin has got the goods. Listen to his samples, or play some of the games he's contributed to and you'll find yourself bobbing to his tunes. :)

8. Mike Boeh

Administrator Original Member

Staffan is the only music guy I use :)

9. WickedEwok

Original Member

Staffan just finished some work for my game and I am very very pleased with the results. His music is getting the attention of my beta testers who say that is one part of the game that they really enjoy. I especially liked how he was able to hit the theme I had in mind pretty straight on. I will definately use his services again for any other music I need.

10. e-funsoft

e-funsoft Guest

Staffan is very talented and he knows the kind, mood, beat for the music from just a few game screenshots I sent him. I didn't have problem working with him. He just passed me one sample music to see if I liked it. Then two weeks later, he passed me all the final compositions and I just liked them.

Well at the first place, I allocated some amount of budget for the game music. I paid him more than this budget, though. But considering his work result and quality of the compositions, I don't mind at all.

Mr.Laksmana, the designer of our game said that music is one very important element for a game. And he was very satisfied with Staffan's compositions as according to him, they would greatly help bring the game to the player experience and impression that he planned to make.

I usually hired another music artist for our games, but now I will surely hire Staffan for our future games!

11. Melin

Original Member

Thank you to everyone for your kind words.

I have now added a new demo song to my site.
    Everyone that downloaded and listened to my demo song called "Orchestral Film Music" should get this new one.
    Since the making of the orchestral film music score, I have grown a lot as an orchestral composer, and I've bought some incredible sample libraries.
    This new piece shows more what I can do when it comes to orchestral.
    I will add several new pieces in the near future, so check in regularly.

EDIT: added another piece today.

thank you!

Staffan Melin
    Melin Music

#11 Melin, Jan 30, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2006
  12. BitBoy

Indie Author

Staffan created the music for my game Pile & Pop, and I'm really happy with the result. He got the mood and style of the music exactly as I wanted it, listened to all my comments and worked quickly and professionaly. In the end I decided to pay him more than he had asked for, as I feel that he really went the extra mile to deliver something extraordinary. I will definitely consider Staffan when I need music for my next game!

13. Mike Boeh

Administrator Original Member

Staffan has improved greatly as an orchestral musician. I beat the crap out of him for some tunes for my next game, and he came through :)

14. Hidden Sanctum

Original Member

Wow. All I can say is Melin Music's reputation for prompt service and quality work is well-deserved. I requested 9 songs files and he responded in record time and delivered!

15. SteveZ

Indie Author

When testers played my game, first thing they said was "wow, nice music." - this speaks for itself on the quality Staffan can deliver. I hope you guys don't take too much time from him as I'll be requesting his service in the near future.

-Steve Z.

16. interaction

Original Member

Just wanted to drop a note and say that Staffan has done the soundtracks for our games Smileyville, Loco, and Loco Christmas Edition.

He's undoubtedly very talented, but also very prompt and professional in his work, and he comes highly recommended!

17. Rob4507

Rob4507 New Member

Staffan is the only guy I will need for music. He knew exactly what I wanted and he completed the task in record time, even though he had a busy schedule. I can not recommend this guy enough.

He created two tracks for my free game I just released and I love listening to them.

Very cool. Thanks again Staffan! You rule!

-Rob.
    www.rocketbunny.com

18. SteveZ

Indie Author

Melin made the wonderful soundtrack for "Teddy Tavern: A Culinary Adventure", a Big Fish Games exclusive. Once again he did a fantastic job and it was an enjoyable experience working with him.

-Steve Z.

19. pluggy

pluggy New Member

Way to go!

I asked Staffan to create an additional music track for our upcoming casual game Gemsweeper. There was already some music and all sound effects in place, so he had to hit the right sound, key and mood.

He nailed all of this in record time. His music sounds fantastic and we did not have to change any of the existing assets to make it fit. Awesome job! :)

-------------
    Adrian Grigore
    Lobstersoft

20. tolik

Original Member

Melin produced music for our game Archipelago:
    http://www.bigfishgames.com/downloads/archipelago/index.html
    He did 9 sound tracks in short time period in highest quality and was extremly responsive. I've worked with several companies on music and nothing beats Melin in all aspects - price vs quality vs time.