Marketing thought for day

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by Jason Colman, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Jason Colman

Indie Author

Hey, I have just started re-reading "The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing". I thought I'd share this quote:

"There is no objective reality. There are no facts. There are no best products. All that exists in the world of marketing are perceptions in the minds of the customer or prospect. The perception is the reality. Everything else is an illusion."

That's from "The Law of Perception". It goes on to say that you only get one chance at creating a perception of your products in a person's mind, and that changing someone's mind is almost impossible.

Hope you enjoyed that. Have a great day! :)

2. Obscure

Indie Author

It is an excellent book. They quote a "law" and each time you think you have spotted a flaw but the very next law addresses that issue. I found that it really helped me focus on how to create the right image for a game or company and also helps with game design.