marketing an android game.

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by bigfiregames, Nov 12, 2014.

1. bigfiregames

bigfiregames New Member

hi all,

I have an android game I'm releasing soon. I also have a marketing budget of around two hundred quid (GBP).

question is, where do you think the money would be best spent?
    what have you guys tried before when it comes to marketing?
    what worked for you and what failed?

have any of you tried paid reviews?

so many options, so little cash....

Would I be better off spending my money on a mammoth drinking session and just wasting whatever's left at the end of it?

TIA for any suggestions

/Paul

2. CCHAudio

CCHAudio New Member

There are a lot of marketing options, but personally I would go with 'mammoth drinking session'.

3. HarryBalls

HarryBalls New Member

At a minimum if you haven't already you may want to invest in creating a video trailer showcasing the unique play of your game. You can also use a free press release distribution service but include links to the game's site which should contain the video trailer, Google play link, and screenshots called Gamespress.

4. punkrockmidget

punkrockmidget New Member

I'd be very happy to help you with a trailer, no matter your budget. I have worked for Nintendo, Rockstar and currently Rare.

Check out my portfolio site if you are interested and maybe we can sort something out :)

http://aarondjones.wix.com/portfolios

5. MichelleMu

MichelleMu New Member

You could try promoting your app through ad platforms- and you can monetize your app too! Easiest is to find a ad platform that does both. Supersonic promotes and monetizes applications. You should check them out.

6. uriweru

uriweru New Member

Grassroots marketing is where you should start. You should also utilize social media as well, especially during development.

7. strategy

strategy New Member

A little late, but seriously - don't waste your money on paid "reviews".

Firstly, you'll look terrible if anyone ever catches you doing so. You're basically scamming your potential customers. They won't like it, if they find out or smell a rat.

Secondly, they're unlikely to drive anything much in the way of traffic. How many games have you just "happened" to fall across and been swayed to download by glowing reviews? Anything at all? Grassroots marketing, where one person recommends the game to someone else (either directly, or through reviewing/+1) is where you get the beneficial effects of reviews.

Finally, if/when Google finds out (and I'd suggest that the odds are fair that they will, since their is no incentive on review sellers to prevent it in the long run), they'll delete all of your fake reviews. If you're lucky. Worst case, they might ban or suspend your account. I doubt you'll get a refund.