Making big decisions

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by lennard, Jan 3, 2011.

1. dannthr

dannthr New Member

In my opinion, the most important pro on your list of whether or not to take a big chance is if doing it provides value to you if not success.

Make sure it offers you something important (and this isn't always easily quantifiable) to you, beyond what you would yeild were your venture successful.

2. lennard

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

I started this thread 15 months ago because I sincerely wanted feedback. After weighing in on the pro's and con's we decided against the move. In retrospect I'm glad we did because it was too rural for the winters we can have in Terrace, too far out of the way and the internet issue is a big one.

However. 3 months ago a 1 acre parcel with an older house (hardwood floors, fireplace, funky attic with dormers &... some plumbing issues) in town became available. We moved in 2 weeks ago. I think it's going to be a 5 year project to cut down trees, plant an orchard, get all of my berries going (probably 2 years on the latter)... but I think the WW HQ of Rusty Axe has found a permanent home. Pictures and stories to follow.

3. Applewood

Nice one, hope it all works out. Sounds ace.

4. cliffski

Moderator Original Member

Excellent. Thats just a bit bigger then the plot where I am, and it's a nightmare amount of work, but then we are on a pretty major slope, and the garden had been seriously neglected in the past.
    I'm sure we can trade stories about how much work is involved :D

I never thought I'd own a chainsaw and an axe, but that's country living for you :D

5. Desktop Gaming

Got a few axes - about four I think, but I'd never have a chainsaw. Lethal things.

6. Jack Norton

Indie Author

Sadly, lennard has only a rusty axe.