Looking for writers to collaborate with, or anyone else interested in helping in any way possible

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by AbEnd, Jun 7, 2016.

1. AbEnd

AbEnd New Member

Hello, my name is Jesiah! I am fairly new to game development, and I have been working on a design document for almost a year now, but as of late, I've been running into issues with motivation/complexity.

the story as a whole is more of an anthology, and many stories of the anthology are tied into each other in a vague manor, although most are directly tied together. The story as it currently stands, falls somewhere in surreal/adventure/sci-fi/etc.
    each story takes place in a different world, (usually) with different characters. The main (playable) characters are linked together through a being that is a hive mind of sorts. This being is omnipotent, but far from omniscient. The story revolves around this being, and the creatures (being the playable characters) that it has created to explore troubled worlds (an in some cases, alternate realities) and mend their ailments (or if the player chooses, become the ailments).​

I'm somewhat of a novice when it comes writing, so I ask that you bear with me as I learn, and better organize the design doc.

Now onto the actual development of the game -
    I'm still fairly new and I'm teaching myself all I possibly can.
    I'm currently using Cryengine, but I'm going to move to Amazon Lumberyard when I build a better rig.
    I use Blender for the models, and Photoshop for the textures and such.
    I use Microsoft OneNote to write and brainstorm on the story. (OneNote is free if you have Win10)

I honestly don't have much to show at this point in development, but I'd love to change that in the near future.

[TL : DR]I'm currently just looking for people that would like to write and brainstorm with me, but any and all contribution would be highly appreciated.

If you're interested (first of all, you're awesome and thank you!) please email me at syntheticsynths@gmail.com with your preferred means of contact.

#1 AbEnd, Jun 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  2. Siberia

Siberia New Member

Hello! I'm currently working in a startup as a Narrative Designer, my love for writing isn't something new and I think I could help you. I'll send you an email this evening with some of my stuff if you want.
    Cheers,
    Brenda

3. AbEnd

AbEnd New Member

I would appreciate that, thank you!