Looking for small team for Sports Simulation

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by SteveC1999, Aug 25, 2014.

1. SteveC1999

SteveC1999 New Member

Hello Everyone..

I'm looking to put together a team of 1-2 programmers (or 3-4 depending on how many people are interested) that have had experience programming or would like to try their hand at a sports sim. I'll go into more detail if you want to shoot me an email, but I'll say right here, I consider myself more of the idea/marketing person and I don't have much, if at all, programming experience. That's why I'm here.

What I'm Looking For: Programmers who understand statistics and have general knowledge, or better yet, are fans of American football (just to give you an idea of the sport) themselves. I've always wanted to create (or have created) a game that rivals Football Manager, just with American Football in place.

What I'm Expecting from this first game: I consider to be more of a "test" game...if we can create, share in the profits and continue making new versions, PERFECT. But if we make it, test it and release it and it doesn't take off, we'll consider it a one-off game and be done. If you've played a game like, say, Total Extreme Wresting and know how it started as this Basic/Pascal version called Extreme Warfare and morphed into better versions and is now a fully developed game with an entire fictional universe...that's what I would consider to be a success for this game.

What will Make this game different from the others: There are a handful of football sims on the market, but very few allow themselves to be free from the constraints of following the dominant league in American Football. Back in the 1990's the best football sim ever was Front Page Sports Football Pro. If we can combine elements of some of the best sport sims into ours, I feel it would one of those games people will mention just like Football Manager.

Why I need Programmers: As I said, I'm not programmer, but have these ideas of what the game should be. I think having a main or lead programmer/designer and maybe a secondary statistics/AI programmer would be a good start. If we feel we need more people involved, let's do it. I'm all for having the enough people and talent to get this game designed and working the way it should.

If you want more info, send me a private message or put your email in a reply and I'll contact you about the details and what sort of profit sharing and all other questions about it. I understand it's daunting to start from scratch, but I think if we have enough people to do this project, it will have a better base than me trying to learn a programming language and trying to work at my job and code at the same time.

Thanks,
    Steve

2. SteveC1999

SteveC1999 New Member

I've noticed 100 or so views of this and nobody has messaged or left a reply to ask about it at all. Just curious..is indiegamer more of a 3-D game hub or something else that programmers or designers shun non-3-D based sims here? I'm willing to give 50% or more of the first game just to get it off the ground . I don't wish to put anyone through an arduous task of making a game bigger than it should be and then find out the first version is a dud to start with the people who would buy it...that's why I'm not asking for the most bombastic top-of-line Compete with the top sports ever made..right off the bat.

If there's another place that has programmers that specialize in text sims or whatnot, could anyone provide a link?

Thanks.