Looking for Java Game Developer (libGDX, Box2D)

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (PAID ONLY)' started by AdgaDev, Sep 29, 2017.

1. AdgaDev

AdgaDev New Member

Hi Devs,

We're looking for Java Developers (desktop, later mobile) for our video game project. Entry level might qualify, if skills acquired at school, passion, and a cultural fit can be demonstrated.

Applicants from the Bay Area preferred, but remote applicants might still qualify based on experience and skills.

Please contact me at martin-at-adamant-studios.com if you're interested, and available to work on this project full-time.

About us

Adamant Studios is a new and small Indie game studio built around passionate developers and artists. The company is based in San Jose, California, but the team is scattered around the globe. We're totally scrappy and always choose the most straightforward path to get to the desired result with minimum dependencies and overhead.

The title we're working on is a 2D Fantasy RPG game with strategy and survival elements, focused on replayability. We are working on re-creating the immersion experience that games from decades ago offered, but with a modern interface. For this, we're going with a realistic style instead of cartoon or pixel art. The list of games that inspired us is long (you probably know many of them); however, playing our title will be a new and unique experience.

Development of the game is funded. There is a playable prototype but we're really just getting started and you can be part of the show from the beginning.

Strong interest in gaming is not a hard requirement for this position but will help from a cultural perspective.

The Position

We are looking for a talented and passionate Java Developer to help build out the engine. This is a 3-6 months (based on skills) contract position with possible extension, or full-time conversion based on success. With us, being a contractor means you're 100% part of the team (everyone is a contractor).

Development is done with Java SE on Windows. We're using libGDX and Box2D, but are also building much of the of the engine ourselves. The successful candidate will be working on both the lower level graphics and physics layer, as well as on higher level gameplay and UI aspects.

As Indie developers, counting hours or engaging in corporate politics is not part of our culture. We're interested in creating something special that will be played and remembered by the community for years to come. Our goal is to make the game we want to play ourselves. We are having lots of fun but keep hard deadlines in mind, and measure ourselves by results.

We offer

- The opportunity to work with a highly passionate team. This is our first game and we are going to start with a bang!
    - Flexible work hours and work-from-home opportunities.
    - A competitive salary.

Requirements

- Bachelor's degree or higher in CS, CE, or a similar field. Being self-taught can compensate if prior work can be presented, and hands-on skills demonstrated.
    - 2+ years background creating extensible, straightforward Java code for desktop or other platforms. We are not primarily looking for someone specialized in Android development, although such experience might qualify.
    - Task-driven, efficient personality with strong interest in producing high quality code and products.
    - Experience with using GLSL and graphics performance tuning skills a big plus.
    - Experience using libGDX, Box2D, or similar frameworks also a big plus.
    - Other helpful skills/experience: level design, modding, graphic arts, multiplayer server code development, iOS development (Obj-C, Swing), 3D game development, software testing.
    - Having been part of a team in the gaming industry, or experience writing indie games a strong plus. However, applicants who have never worked on games before might still qualify.

Best regards,
    Martin

2. Red Apple Technologies

Hello,

Greetings from Red Apple Technologies!

I am Sourav from Red Apple Technologies. I already saw requirement and I am interested to work with you. Basically, We are the pioneer in the field of 2D/3D Game design & development, gamification, AR Games, Mobile App Development for iOS/ Android/Web, AR Apps, VR Apps. We work in multiple platform with several Game Engines like HTML5/ Unreal/Unity/ Cocos2d/ Cocos2d-x. Check out our website: http://www.redappletech.com

We are one of the leading mobile app and game development companies in the USA, Sweden & India. We have a specialized mobile app and mobile game development team and we are successfully working on different mobile games, mobile app and 2D/3D art designing projects.

Please find below the links of our portfolio:

Game: http://www.redappletech.com/download-brochure/?brouchure-slug=game-development
    3D Art: http://www.redappletech.com/download-brochure/?brouchure-slug=3d-art-design
    Apps: http://www.redappletech.com/download-brochure/?brouchure-slug=application-development
    2D Art: http://www.redappletech.com/download-brochure/?brouchure-slug=2d-art-design

If you like our portfolios then please reply me or you can directly e-mail me. My e-mail id is: sourav@redappletech.com

We are waiting for your reply.

Thanks & Regards,
    Red Apple Team