looking for Full-Time game programmer

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Jonas, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Jonas

Indie Author

Hey folks.

We're looking for a full time game programmer willing to relocate to Southern Oregon. If you need the big city life, don't bother applying.

Grants pass is a quite, small city surrounded by misty mountains and rivers to go rafting down. The area has a low cost of living, and a great place to raise a family. Not too many night clubs though :)

Degrees are not needed, but solid C++ and game programming skills are. We aren't looking for just a programmer, we want someone that is constantly thinking about making games.

http://www.silvercrk.com/jobs.html

#1 Jonas, Sep 9, 2004
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2004
  2. Sunshine

Original Member

Sounds good, but how about You relocate to south Texas. Arn't you tired of all that mountain rafting and family raising? :p

3. Jonas

Indie Author

hehe, well I don't do either.

Naw, I don't ever plan on moving and if I did I'd probably want to go to new zeland or someplace :)

I'm sure the lonestar state rocks, but we're from this area and love it way too much to leave.

4. Anthony Flack

Indie Author

Well if you did move to New Zealand, I can tell you you'd have no trouble finding a programmer. My inbox is chock-full of the CVs of aspiring game programmers...

5. Screwball

Original Member

Yeah but then he would have to live in New Zealand :p

6. Jonas

Indie Author

Hey I saw LOTR and the amazing race, so I know NZ kicks ass :)

Looks a lot like Oregon as far as I can tell.

7. svero

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Why do you need someone to move anyway? That seems very 1980's to me. Why not work with someone remotely. I do it, and I know plenty of people do it nowdays. Why ask someone to relocate at all?

8. Anthony Flack

Indie Author

To back this up - I am, as we speak, producing graphics for a music video with an associate of mine. He in New Zealand, and I in Tokyo. We haven't actually seen each other in years...

9. HunterSD

Indie Author

Sign of success! I've not had any...

10. Anthony Flack

Indie Author

I get one every couple of weeks, totally unsolicited... all with impressive credentials attached, demonstrating that they can do all kinds of things with computers that I will probably never take the time to learn. But, I'm not hiring.

11. kerchen

Indie Author

For reasons unknown to me, most of the job seekers that have contacted me have been musicians. Must be something in the water.

12. Anthony Flack

Indie Author

If there's someone else out there who receives a whole bunch of unsolicited job applications from artists, we could put together a whole bunch of dev teams.

13. rhm

rhm
    Original Member

Okay... I deliver the artists :)