Looking for fellow programmer for quick prototyping.

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by actualdev, Jun 16, 2016.

1. actualdev

actualdev New Member

Looking for someone around the level of a jr or sr college student in CS, or higher, to prototype an active battle system from start to finish. Yo should know your basic loops, algorithms and data structures, and how to use them in GameMaker: Studio. Knowing Git is a plus but using TortoiseSVN for speed is fine too.

I'm interested in knowing what makes games fun, and why I can play some games for 100 hours while others I can't stand for 100 seconds. I want to design something really unique, the sort of system that only indies would be willing to try, the sort of system that doesn't have a bunch of allegories across multiple AAA titles already.

In game jam like fashion, I want to spend about 1-2 full time weeks on this and see where we start at the beginning, and end up with. I want to follow the path from design to what actually ends up turning out to be a fun play. I'm also fine with 3-day sprints to build in new features iteratively.

It would be a short project as you can see, but I want to start ASAP.

2. HyperShock

HyperShock New Member

Hey, do you have Skype or Discord? We could talk there.