Looking for fast texture upscaling

Discussion in 'Game Development (Technical)' started by washrbtlostmypw, Feb 24, 2017.

1. washrbtlostmypw

washrbtlostmypw New Member

Hi, I wanted to ask if you know a way to scale textures to be about 20 to 30 times as big. I found it a nice way to get some sort of terrain in 2D, and I know all the limitations, I guess. But it's so slow. It makes my GPU use 100% very often, and I'm looking for a trick to get it doing this more like with 50% GPU usage or lower. I'm using Intels onboard graphics with OpenGL. I think, it would be good when it works with this kind of hardware.

The only thing I tried was GL_NEAREST, but it's not faster at all.

Kind regards