Looking for artist to finalise 2D game (profit share)

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by Berkezander, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Berkezander

Berkezander New Member

I'm in two minds to request for paid work or to do a profit share deal on a 2D game which the main concepts and engine is complete. I'll try the profit share route first and see where things end up. (I could even splice paid and profit share for the right person/price).

I'll summarise the status in as short amount of blurb as I can and if it seems of interest, please message me:

It's a unique 2D puzzle based game on the Unity platform. This game has been released before on a proprietary engine but only on iOS. I was never happy with the art in the original game so I'm looking at a complete re-skin. Unity is now used to make platform support easier. Everything but art is covered. I can take care of programming, level design, particle effects, some simple animations (i.e. screen transitions etc.), music and sound. I need someone to own the entire art; frontend screen, buttons, font choice, menus, game items, backgrounds etc. I work full time so getting the game to completion will take time.

My initial thoughts around the art style are the 'candy' style but I'm happy to leave the entire thing to the artist.

The games current state is alpha. If you would are interested but are paid only then it's still worth a chat but note that I might only be able to start with the paid route approx March onwards...

Profit share % can be discussed in terms of effort but will be no less than 30%

2. Deano095

Deano095 New Member

Hi.
    Have you had any luck finding an artist?
    I am a full time experienced Graphic Artist but I do game art part-time.
    Let me know if interested and I can send portfolio samples.
    Thanks

Deano095

3. Berkezander

Berkezander New Member

Hi Deano095,

I'm still looking for an artist. Please PM me your portfolio and we can discuss further. The earliest I can start is around the end of March from my end. Thanks for getting in touch!

4. Deano095

Deano095 New Member

Okay. Let me know your email and I will send over some stuff. No hurry on the start date.

5. Berkezander

Berkezander New Member

Thank-you to all that made contact regarding the art role. I can confirm this position has been filled.

It looks like the person who was involved from the start with level design has dropped out so I am looking for someone who can design a great user journey from the tutorial levels up to a complex finale. All the tools are written, we just need someone who is very good at designing puzzles. If you feel you can do this, please get in touch! Thanks.