Looking for a team to help develop a city building/strategy game

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by WeaselNinja, Oct 2, 2016.

1. WeaselNinja

WeaselNinja New Member

Hi all!

I've been developing my game in Unity for a few months and have reached the point where I have most of the basic functionality in place. Now I'm looking for some help fleshing out the rest of the game. I'm mostly looking for amateur/hobbyist programmers and artists right now since I'm only doing this as a weekend project and don't expect to make a profit for a while.

As the title says this is a city building/4X strategy that will include elements from some of the more popular games in this genre such as SimCity, Civilization, Age of Empires, etc; but will also include some procedural generation to keep the gameplay fresh. I'm hoping to keep the graphics and animations very simple (think Minecraft) in order to focus more on the features, so don't be afraid to reach out if you're not a very experience artist. As far as design goes I more or less have everything planned out but I wouldn't mind some feedback.

Here's what I'm looking for in a team, listed in order from greatest to least priority:
    1. Artist(s)
      • 3D modelling and animation
      • 2D art for textures and other assets
      • Some UI (especially Unity UI) experience preferred
    2. Programmer
      • Must have at least a few years experience in any programming language
      • C# experience preferred
      • Unity experience preferred
    3. Sound Designer/Composer
      • Sound effects
      • Simple, looping background music
      • As a side note, it may be a few months before we are ready to incorporate sound
    If you're interested in the project and have any of the skills listed above, or if you think you can contribute in some other way, please send a PM or reply.

2. Jamail Chachere

Jamail Chachere New Member

Very interesting post. I'm a composer that's interested. What style are you looking for exactly? I do a lot of electronic and modern classical works. Here is some of my work as reference.

3. nostalgicmuffins

nostalgicmuffins New Member

I'm an intermediate level programmer. I've been programming for about 3 years mostly in c# and I've just recently gotten a good grasp of unity in the past year

4. WeaselNinja

WeaselNinja New Member

Hi Jamail, I think those samples sound absolutely amazing and I'm sure you could come up with something that would fit well with the gameplay. However, as I mentioned it may be quite a while before we're ready to incorporate sound simply because I don't think enough of the gameplay is there yet. If you're still interested go ahead and send me your contact info and we can discuss some things I have in mind.

5. WeaselNinja

WeaselNinja New Member

Ideally I'd like to find someone with a bit more experience, but go ahead and send me your contact info as well and I'll get in touch to see if you're a good fit.

6. Jamail Chachere

Jamail Chachere New Member

I'm still interested for in the future. Here's my email. jamailchachere@gmail.com

7. Megariff

Megariff New Member

Hey, WeaselNinja!

I would love to contribute in any way I can. I'm aware that you mentioned you are a few months away from incorporating sound, but I would still like to offer my music services for when you and your team are ready. You can check out some of my music here: http://www.tizocestrada.com/?page_id=21

Let me know what you think.

8. jrjs1996

jrjs1996 New Member

Hello WeaselNinja, I'm a Computer Science student with experience with unity, c#, and python. I'd like to join your project and contribute in my spare time. Send me a PM!