Looking for a programmer / willing teacher

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by Nicholson, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Nicholson

Nicholson New Member

First off I have zero experience in this field but am looking to see if its something I will enjoy before putting money into conventional schooling.

With that being said I am looking for someone to work with me in their spare time. I have an idea for a geopolitical sim with minimal visuals.

2. Cogniad

Cogniad New Member

Still looking for someone?

3. Nicholson

Nicholson New Member

4. Cogniad

Cogniad New Member

I would say that the best place to start would be to figure out what you want to do. Say "hey, I want to do this", then do it. There are a lot of tutorials out there for you to learn. Unity is a great game engine to start with. Coding isn't that hard, you can start with SoloLearn to learn some basic syntax of C# (which is what Unity uses).

Already from your idea, the geopolitical sim sounds a little complicated, especially for a beginner. I can give you a few pointers here and there for using Unity, but starting small is the most important point.

That's not saying that you shouldn't do it, just make sure that you have the entire game designed out first before you try to make it. If it seems too massive for one person, don't do it even with two or three as a beginner.