Looking for a programmer to help create a game engine

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by lukebourne2009, May 18, 2016.

1. lukebourne2009

lukebourne2009 New Member

I'm in the process of creating a game engine, and I need another programmer to help out with things.

Plan / Design
    So creating a game engine is obviously a very big task to undertake. So i'm gonna be focusing on a very small objective for the moment. (which is part-way towards the final objective.)
    For now, my only intention is to create a simple game engine with the capabilities of 2D graphics and an intuitive interface that makes game development very easy. With options to release a game on Windows only (MAYBE consider Mac as well)

The sort of mantra behind the design of the engine will be intuitiveness and flexibility:

I want to have a user to be able to look at the engine for a first time and everything to just 'make sense'. I feel like most game engines these days complicate very simple things by using 100 different options for something simple or use convoluted terms for things that could be described as something simple like 'Menu' or 'Audio' or whatever.
    I still want to retain the flexibility of having 'extra' options to perform uncommon tasks but the interface with the user should be extremely clear and things that aren't needed should be hidden until needed.

(I understand how hard this would be, to sort of intuitively 'guess' what the user is needing but I have some ideas in mind)

Eventually, I plan out expanding to 3D graphics and having options to release on all major platforms and incorporate multiplayer features etc.
    Right now though, the focus is the framework and basic game-making capabilities.

Requirements
    - I'm looking for someone who has a good grasp off C++ and a willingness to put time into something like this.
    I don't expect 40 hours a week, I just want someone who's willing to give it a go.
    - A willingness to work without guaranteed payment - you will get an even split of ANY income that is made, but its highly likely that the thing will take 2 years or so to get even close to completion, never mind making a profit. So this would be unpaid until that day arrives.

Contact
    Get me by email at:
    lukebourne2009@hotmail.co.uk
    if your interested.
    No need for CV's or anything like that, I don't care about grades or experience, if you can do it that'll be evident in your work.

PS.
    I will eventually be looking for work with more programmers if things go well with just 1 extra.