Looking for a 2d artist for a multiplayer, browser board game

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by melight, Sep 15, 2015.

1. melight

melight New Member

Hi guys,

I'm working on a browser, turn-based game (the mechanics, and technical parts are mostly finished!) which I used to play at school - literally burnt hours of my class time :)

The game is a two player board game, where players place dots on a grid and try to conquer the other's player's dots without being conquered themselves. The game is pretty simple to pick up, but gets more mind tackling as it progresses. At the moment it looks like a programmer designed it (read: shit), and I'd really like to give it more inviting looks. There's no lore or story at the moment, so that's open up for discussion, but generally I was thinking to put it in a sci-fi universe, with a toony feeling. I don't want it to look to serious as I don't take myself too seriously ;)

Because it's a board game, and turn based one too, there's not much animation to be done (which makes it easier I assume). So the game only needs static art, like concepts for the home page, map tiles for the grid, avatars for the players and some UI.

You can see the game here: Tactidot

You can't play alone, so you either contact me and we set up a game, or you fire up two browsers and sign up as two different peeps :D

Here's a game play screen which I'm hoping to make more exciting: [​IMG]