Logo tests

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by AnotherDev, Aug 28, 2004.

1. AnotherDev

Original Member

I'm trying to design a logo with my poor artistic talents.
    Here are some tests I made using some shapes in Paint Shop.

Which one is the less 'ugly' ? :p

Attached Files:

2. Linusson

Indie Author

I think it depends on what you are going to use it for, but if I have to chose one without knowing that, then I say #2. :)

I wouldn't use #3, because it reminded me of the nazis iron cross and you even got a lightning over it (blitzkrieg).

3. Jemander9

Original Member

I prefer 1 or 2, and I would depend on knowing what your logo was for to decide between those two.

4. Nikster

Original Member

A logo for what ? usualy a company name (if that's what it's for) would be handy as well, because if it was "world flash gordon" I would say the last one for example :D

5. AnotherDev

Original Member

You're right. I didn't notice at first but now you say it it's obvious I can't use this one.

Of course the company name will be written. I'm still experimenting with fonts.

It's a logo for my game company. I'm working on the site.

6. Chris00

Original Member

I don't know, but they all remind me of gatorade.

7. Nikster

Original Member

I meant telling us a company name so we could decide, rather than putting it on the logo ;)

8. Sillysoft

Indie Author

I like 2 and 5 the best. #1 is OK as well.

9. Sunshine

Original Member

1 - SS Minnow
    2 - Capt Planet
    3 - SCARY!!
    4 - Gilligan's Island again
    5 - and CNN World News

hehe, Number five looks like the symbol floating over the anchorman's left shoulder as he reports on the Great Flood. "Flash Flooding today worldwide... and in other news..."

I like the green lightning, but I think you can do better ;)

10. Chris00

Original Member

Great now I got 2 annoying theme songs playing in my head. Now that I've looked at them again, they are good (don't get me wrong) but you can probably do better.

11. serg3d

Original Member

You can also consider using Gimp. It has scripts for making Logo out of company name. AFter that you can modify them to your pleasure.

12. Peter Wayne

Original Member

1 and 2 imo are the best of the 5. Although I would like to see a few more designs. I think you should re-design 3-5 and then I believe you would have 5 good designs to choose from. I have seen professional designers do about 12 designs on the same idea that the client can choose from. So I think that to get the best design possible you need a few more to choose from.

That's my opinion anyway. And I definitely think you are on the right path. Having said that I still think either 1 or 2 are good enough to use as your logo. So well done :).

Good luck with whatever you decide.

13. AnotherDev

Original Member

Thanks guys, I'll work on it a bit more :)

14. Reactor

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

What is your company name? It's hard to guage how good a logo is, if we don't know what it's supposed to represent.

15. Nemesis

Original Member

Anotherdev,

The logo designs are all quite reasonable. My favourite is #1. I associate the logos in general with action games (besides Flash Gordon of course :))