Little Soldiers HD - Dev Blog

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Dan MacDonald, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Dan MacDonald

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

Some of you may remember the LittleSoldiers downloadable game I made, hmm, probably about 5 years ago :). Some friends and I have started a company doing mobile games & applications and one of the first games we are making is a remake of Little Soldiers for iPhone.

We've only been blogging about 10 days, the idea is to be transparent about the issues and challenges we encounter during the development process and show the solution we came up with and the reasoning behind it.

Since many of you are game developers you may find this kind of blog interesting so I thought I'd post a link here.

http://fruht.com/LittleSoldiers

Any feedback on how the blog could be improved from a content perspective is always welcome. (I know it could be improved aesthetically).

2. zoombapup

Moderator Original Member

Nice blog Dan,

At least its about design issues and not about the bloody technology.

I think some of the things you are talking about regarding touch and viewpoints are relevent to games on many different platforms (I'm coming to terms with the same things on PSN/PSP right now).

3. Dan MacDonald

Thanks, you do this long enough and realize that the best technology is invisible :)

4. bantamcitygames

Administrator Original Member Indie Author Greenlit

Good read... I just blog rolled you on A Game Developer's Saga. Link back not required (but appreciated).

I love reading development blogs... it gives you a whole different outlook on what went into a game's design.

5. PoV

PoV
    Indie Author

Alright, listen up. I want some blog URL stability here Dan. All those things you did before (Katsu!), Raincity Games, and now a secret blog on Fruht.

'cmon Dan! Where's my Dan hub? :D

6. Dan MacDonald

Hey, what's worse is there are actual business entities set up behind most of them, talk about a waste of paperwork! :)

I've been casually following the Game Developers Saga blog, pretty cool. I hope it delivers on all your expectations and more!

7. Pyabo

Original Member

Welcome home, Dan. :)

8. Dan MacDonald

Thanks, we just plugged in the title menu art from from DayDream who most of the forum members know from the feedback requests / Announcements forum.

I'm super proud of how this is turning out so I thought I'd post :)

[​IMG]