"LettersFall 3" - Please Play And Provide Feedback!

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by JeZ-l-Lee, Feb 1, 2011.

1. JeZ-l-Lee

JeZ-l-Lee New Member

"LettersFall 3"
    (Microsoft® Windows® XP, Vista, 7)

URL Link To Download The Game:
    http://16bitsoft.com/files/LF3/Win32-64/LF3-Setup.exe

GAME FEATURES:
    - 100% FREE -
    - Downloads and installs in seconds -
    - Runs 100% perfectly on any Windows® desktop / notebook / netbook computer -
    - Beautiful full color and high resolution visual graphics -
    - Awesome digital sound effects -
    - Amazing digitally orchestrated music soundtrack -
    - Fun, yet educational game for both children and adults -
    - Easy to play mouse controls -
    - 4 exciting game modes -
    - 20,000+ word American English dictionary -
    - Saved high scores table -
    - Saved game preferences -

Please download and play and provide *constructive* critism!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

#1 JeZ-l-Lee, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  2. JeZ-l-Lee

JeZ-l-Lee New Member

3. Melin

Original Member

Hi!

I'll just comment on two things, the awesome sound effects and the digitally orchestrated music.

Sounds
    They feel a bit out of place, and doesn't really match with either the game or the music. They're very heavy on the higher frequencies which makes them sound way too sharp and edgy.

Music
    I wouldn't say digitally orchestrated music, although I guess it's technically true. These are mod-files, containing really low quality samples. Also, I really wonder where you got the samples from for track 1? They sound very, very familiar...

The melodies are quite nice, even though I don't see how they go with the game. As standalone music, I guess I'd listen to these if I really wanted to go nostalgic about the mod scene in the 90s, and couldn't find my Elwood/Skaven/Purple Motion collection.

EDIT: Constructive you said. So, easy on the high freq on the sound effects. Try another round for at least the power ups.
    Music, if filesize of around 10 kb per song is an absolute must, just keep these tunes. However if you do want digitally orchestrated amazing music, I'd really go with something else than old school .mod files with bad samples.

Staffan Melin
    Melin Music

#3 Melin, Feb 3, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  4. JeZ-l-Lee

JeZ-l-Lee New Member

Hi,

Thank you for playing my game "LettersFall 3".

The audio (effects/music) is done by Russian "DJ Fading Twilight".
    He is the only person I could find who would work for free.
    I'm afraid without money the audio will not improve.
    (I prefer MOD music format because it has good quality and very small size)

How did you like the game?

If you have the time then please check out my other two game here:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "TetriCrisis 3 100% C.P.U."
    http://forums.indiegamer.com/showthread.php?t=24570

"PacDude Hero 2"
    http://forums.indiegamer.com/showthread.php?t=24568
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks again for playing and providing feedback!

JeZ+Lee
    16BitSoft
    Video Game Design Studio
    www.16BitSoft.com

5. Melin

Original Member

Well, I do not have any experience with this russian guy, but in general, anyone who puts "DJ" in their nick is a big no no (unless they're actually a DJ, which rarely is the case).

Also, you are right in that the mod format makes for small filesize. However, I will never agree with you about good quality. There's nothing good about the quality of those samples.

I do understand however that music is hard to find if your budget equals nothing. I guess for not spending a dollar you actually ended up with something descent.

I'll check out your other games as well, but I'll avoid commenting on the game itself, as I'm not a word game fan (unless we're talking bookworm adventures of course).

EDIT: Could you please check where he did get the samples from for track 1? They're very familiar, and I'm not at my work computer at the moment.

#5 Melin, Feb 3, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011