Learning about game audio

Discussion in 'Indie Basics' started by LongRunGames, Mar 16, 2017.

1. LongRunGames

LongRunGames New Member

Hi all,

I am interested to learn more about the audio side of games, mainly how people generate background music and sfx to accompany their games, does anyone have any recommended reading or software packages?

Thanks, Graham

2. Symbolize | Caleb

Symbolize | Caleb New Member

Hey, Graham. I'm a music composer, sound designer and arranger. I also do the things you're describing

Now, I could sit here and tell you everything you need to get started on how to become self-reliant on a video game, developing and writing the music + recording/ designing sounds. If you started right now, you wouldn't even be able to comprehend everything you need to know within the first 5 years of doing it.

If you're just looking to do audio, I'll help you out as best as I can.

If you're a game designer though, I'd love to score your game for you and answer any kinds of questions along the way

All this would be free, by the way. This is my love, I've never written a note for money.

Thanks, Caleb

3. LongRunGames

LongRunGames New Member

Hi Caleb,

I am a game designer, currently working on a futuristic air hockey style game, so I'm guessing the score would be pretty simple, but as I said I don't know much about the subject.

Would be very interested to hear what you think.

Graham