KRUM rpg game - WIP

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by haidme, Mar 2, 2008.

1. hippocoder

Indie Author

Quite nice for an indie effort. One thing that really sticks out and looks bad is that the animations play too slowly for the movement so they tend to look like they are 'sliding' all over the place.

2. haidme

haidme New Member

Hi all, I haven't post here lately. I was extremely busy with my current day job and establishing my self in another city, but now I would like to show you my current progress (look in the first post)

Any comments will be appreciated.

3. Dan MacDonald

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

It keeps looking better. :) The hard part about making games, I've found is you end up spending (at least) equal parts of your time building content for and designing the game as you do building the technology and subsystems. So if you spend 2 years getting the tech up, it will probably take another two to finish all the gameplay, Shell, world, story etc.. It's not that you shouldn't do it, it's an awesome learning experience but it's important to set your goals in reality.

4. haidme

haidme New Member

You are right, building content is alot of time consuming activity, but I will not make huge worlds, just five story driven levels: mountain level->castel level->mines level->swamp level->wastelands level.
    2 months per level is more than enought, now when everything else is almost done. So I really hope to finish this until the second half of 2010.

#24 haidme, Dec 29, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  5. nenenenad

nenenenad New Member

Really impressive. And taking into account that you are one man army, this is a great job! As a developer, i couldn't miss the glitch with disappearing plants in river. We had tons of problems like that in all our games..it seems that they are curse of every developer.

6. Andrej Vojtas

Andrej Vojtas New Member

I noticed your game just now, congrats on coming thus far and best of luck finishing it.

7. haidme

haidme New Member

Hi all,
    The first level environment is done! I placed some new images in the first page.
    Tell me, what you think about the level atmosphere and the colors?

8. Bad Sector

Original Member

It looks very good. I like what i see so far :).

But, you're already at four years making the game and you only have one level! You weren't joking about progress being slow :p.

But good work anyway :). You mention there is also a first person perspective. Any shot from that?

9. haidme

haidme New Member

Thanks,
    Yes its slow, I'm hoping to finally finish it, till the end of the year.
    There was a first person screenshot before this update...I'll make another one.

#29 haidme, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  10. wazoo

Original Member

Or monetize it..

provide "the basics" and allow for the player to spend some currency to upgrade to plate.

looks nice! good luck with it man!

11. Qitsune

Qitsune New Member

Off topic: the first screenshots where the character has an axe hanging on his back but no scabbard or anything. It made me think how cool it would be to have subcutaneous electro magnets that we could turn on and stick stuff to ourselves (i think medically it might not work tho, and it can't be a permanent magnet to avoid ending up with 2 forks, 1 spoon, a handfull of fish hooks and some rusty nails stucked to one's back when walking in a flea market or something.) It might make a fun game character tho! Human katamari!

12. ohcysp

ohcysp New Member

Is this game finished? If so, where can I download or buy it?

13. haidme

haidme New Member

Hi all, I'm posting a little update on Krum progress.
    I've made a brand new HUD and the starting area(your village, which was savaged by barbarians while you were gone out in the woods for food and timber, and when you came back you found that your most loved people are gone in slavery or dead.)
    All C&C are welcome.

Pics:
    HUD and a part of the village:
    [​IMG]
    HUD-all elements:
    [​IMG]

Screens of the village(no foliage yet)
    [​IMG]

A little tour throught the area:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkxpwViSzFk
    HUD:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVzRDmowMvk

14. haidme

haidme New Member

Hello there,
    Recently it was developed a new Blender web plugin called BursterPlugin, so I decided to make a very small online demo of my game.
    In order to play it, you need to install this plug in and restart your browser.
    Then go to http://www.krum-game.com/demo/

So, give it a try.

Controls:
    Arrows -> move player
    L/R MB -> hit/block
    (Left-Arrow || Right-Arrow || Jump) + hit -> different hits
    Mouse Scroll -> change weapons
    Middle MB -> toggle holster weapons
    Double press forward -> run
    Ins -> jump(num lock enabled)
    Space -> war cry
    C -> change camera mode

#34 haidme, Nov 19, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  15. haidme

haidme New Member

Hello there, I decided to post some new progress of the game:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

videos:

#35 haidme, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  16. ManuelMarino

Original Member

it's a great work, i must say i'm impressed, considering it's an indie game, is very very very good :)

17. Duilen

Duilen New Member

Nice animation. The screenshots look nice but a bit gloomy. They definitely don't do you justice. Once you start seeing the battle animations the whole thing really comes to life. Attacks are very fluid and definitely convey a sense of realism.

18. haidme

haidme New Member

Hi there, finally I managed to build the first small, but fully functional demo of my game!
    DOWNLOAD DEMO

Please test it and give some feedback(framerate,gameplay..etc)
    Imoprtant
    P.S.This demo is far from a complete game, so you may witness alot of glitches and/or bugs,no quests etc...
    The Demo is windows only./May still not work on win 7 :( /

#38 haidme, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  19. sulaiman

Original Member

This was already mentioned to you in the blenderartists forums, but it also runs at about 1fps for me. Pressing the zero key didn't seem to help any. I'll be looking forward to testing it once you've ironed those bugs.

Windows 7, Standard User account
    4GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 260
    Intel E8400

20. haidme

haidme New Member

Yeah, thanks for the reply.
    It seems that this demo is not working on windows 7 machines. I'll fix it as soon as I get home from the vacation I'm going tomorrow.

P.S. Found what causes this 1fps bug(tested on 2 different pc configs that reproduces it). Solution: you should update you video drivers and the game will run smoothly.

#40 haidme, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011