Kallen Supremacy (alpha) feedback and suggestions

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Ayrin Greenflag, May 7, 2017.

1. Ayrin Greenflag

Ayrin Greenflag New Member

Hello, i'm developing a free online fantasy rpg browser based with 3d graphic. Would like some feedback and suggestions from you guys.
    https://playcanv.as/p/rjC13fWv/

2. Sphax

Sphax New Member

Hey man, I opened your game and moved around a little. I talked to some characters and it was only merchants. I tried to get out of town but didn't really find anything.
    I am not really sure what I was supposed to do, is there a main quest or something?

Moreover walking around was painfully slow, I think it is the main reason I gave up after 5 minutes.

I think the camera movement felt a little weird also, it the camera turning like that in regular Hack'n Slah games?

It would also be nice for you to elaborate a bit on your game on the forum post. What makes it different from other RPGs for example?

EDIT: Ok I went back and found out I could run by pressing ctrl, didn't find anything to do though :(.

Also it seems the game was going down to 7 FPS while I was running around, and if I kept clicking the run animation would just reset making it feel weird

What I really liked was your loading screen though, it felt really clean. Is the game made in unity webGL?

3. Ayrin Greenflag

Hello @Sphax just 7fps?? way too slow...usually it goes around 25-30 but i have an i5 processor. If you enter the church (as the cleric suggest) you find the dungeon. Yes noticed the animation restart when you click, will look for a way to avoid that. The game is made using Playcanvas webGL.
    What i try to do is insert as much rpg functions in the game, you can craft weapons, armors, potions, food. You can hunt, fish, cutting the prey and obtain meat and fur. You can work the fur and have a leather object as well. Since there is water and food consumption you need food and water while in dungeon. You need keys to open doors. There will be (not yet) hidden passages, chained quests, classes quests, misteries to solve. For now (alpha) till beta ends all will be in the village, maybe in final version there will be a larger map too.
    EDIT: if you talk to people in the inn you can get quest

#3 Ayrin Greenflag, May 8, 2017
    Last edited: May 9, 2017
  4. Ayrin Greenflag

Hello, added load/save option. Enjoy!

5. Toskigi

Toskigi New Member

Hey there! Alright, so I gave the game a bit of a try and there's already some things that have popped out.

First...to get this out the way, I don't think this is supposed to happen:
    upload_2017-5-24_19-0-3.png

Anyway, as you can see the deer took off onto the water... and I soon followed after. Attacking the deer did absolutely nothing, so I don't even know if it's possible to kill them. As you can see as well, there is a dialogue box on the bottom stating I don't have enough crowns. It never went away and I could not figure out how to do so.

The game did not seem to want to work on Chrome for me, since clicking to move was not possible. No matter how many times I clicked, it would not move my character. Once I opened it in Firefox, it seemed to work and the FPS was fine for me. I was unsure of what to do at all, so I went to talk to some NPC's. Needless to say that didn't get me anywhere either. I kept trying to attack things I found and was unable to do anything to them at all. I'm not even sure if the combat works.

Something interesting that I did find, that I don't know if it was intentional or not, was that if you are creating a character, you can click "Warrior" multiple times to change what your weapon specialties are. If this is planned, then that's pretty cool, however it may be better to state it somewhere that you can re-roll warrior attributes.

I didn't get far, since I ...kinda couldn't figure out how. So this is all I have to give feedback on at the moment.

6. Ayrin Greenflag

Hello @Toskigi about the dialogue box not sure why that message popped out maybe you tried to buy something? That aside yes is possible to kill the deer with the bow, with the hunting ability you can butcher it and retrieve meat and fur. The problem with chrome is unheard of i use it for debugging (since is better than firefox for that). If you click on the cleric shop it says what happens in the village pointing you to the dungeon that's in the temple (north-west corner of the village. To interact with the npcs menu you use the right click. And lastly yes the warrior re-roll is intentionally i will add an advertise that state that thanks for the suggestion. I have done that since every kind of weapon has his own attribute so you can choose the weapons your prefer to start. As you noticed the inventory change based on abilities you choice, but in game you will be able to learn what you want (not yet but shortly will be done). In shops there are also crafting systems for potions/weapons/leather/food. I just added a new option for the camera if you want try it out with the L key (will be changed to V when ready and advertised) you can change the camera type: the actual camera is trailing the player with L you change it to cardinal (that allow you to choose from N-S-E-W view with the left/right arrows) and with the istant trailing cam that will be changed today with the eagle eye cam. If you have further questions just ask.

7. Ayrin Greenflag

Hello, new combat system first step, in close combat you click just once on the enemy and the PG keep attacking it. The dungeon entrance is moved in the ruins north of village and the cleric got back his temple. Waiting for comments.

8. Toskigi

Toskigi New Member

Hey there! I went ahead and tried playing this again to see what's new and what not since you stated you updated some things. I was headed up north and saw a potion looking thing on the ground. I approached it only to become non-existant : https://puu.sh/werGd/f126c3dae1.png

After I made a new character, I was unable to walk around or move at all so I ended up switching browsers (It just stopped working no matter how many refreshes I did in Chrome). Let it be known that on Firefox, I was able to pick up the potion that caused me to be invisible and immobile on chrome : https://puu.sh/werYW/64d9dedc6c.png

(Another side thing I just noticed...My name over head says "Player" rather than what I named my character : "Potato 2")

I died in the dungeon from an orc (I think) and a skeleton...pretty easily. On creating a new character I noticed a typo that on the word "Confirm" : https://puu.sh/wes6e/ef9a52d6b2.png

Some other grammar fixes would be : On the help screen, "Hold shift while attacking to keep the player still", "Hold CTRL while clicking to run", Some quest dialogue could use some reworking for sure. (The quest to kill the zombie says "If it is real"... it may be better "If it truly exists, please kill it" or something along those lines.) It's nothing serious, but these would add a little extra quality (very small amount, but still something). Again, none of this is game breaking, just some additional things I noticed as a player.

The interactions with the NPCS in town can be quite non-intuitive. I didn't realize that I could grab a quest from the first lady with the cooking pot, until I decided to try right clicking on the portrait of my character in her interaction menu.

I killed the forest zombie for the quest and returned to the lady. It said she gave me crowns for finishing it. I checked my inventory and still only had 18 crowns.

The combat using a bow is terrible. Those 12 arrows were almost immediately depleted, and I'm not sure that I saw him shoot more than twice. All shots missed until I got my character to turn around perfectly and held shift to shoot in the way I was facing... That itself was a bit difficult.

I went into the dungeon again to see if I could get any further. Immediately after opening the first door, my body got swallowed by the wall next to it and now I am stuck again. https://puu.sh/wesUZ/8228e4cc1d.png

I'm done with the game for now. If you update the game again, I'll give it another go.

Ayrin Greenflag likes this.
  9. Ayrin Greenflag

Thanks @Toskigi for spend so much time to try it. I will reply you in order. The character that vanish never happened to me, though some time the ground vanished making me fall endless. I guess is due to multiple clicks but not sure, was not able to track down that error. I develop it using chrome so is very strange that you was not able to play it properly on that. I will change the name Player with the one given on creation in the next updates (was not a primary necessity for now (still lot of bugs to fix as you noticed). Will fix the grammar issues as you suggested, thanks a lot. The interaction with npc will change in next update. The shops as they are will go under restyle and later on will work also on the keys and other screens to allow the tablet users to play it. Will check also the quest reward, maybe something happened coz before was working. Yes the 12 arrows ends very quickly, sometime they miss the target and when hit the bow ability is important to inflict wounds. The bow attack has not been updated yet with the new combat system so still lacking. About the door....is my biggest sadness....i always get squished against the wall or i should say inside...or sometime get fired across the room. Will change the door movement making it slower so will not cause those troubles. As a gift to your efforts here is an image of the new Inn that will be in the next update.

Attached Files:

10. Toskigi

Toskigi New Member

Oh wow, That Inn screenshot looks lovely <3

Ayrin Greenflag likes this.
  11. Ayrin Greenflag

You can see it in game now, also if still some adjustment is needed :)

12. Ayrin Greenflag

Wizard now sell the Rune of recall that bring back the player to village

#12 Ayrin Greenflag, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  13. Ayrin Greenflag

New shops layout, new music, solved furnitures placement issues.

14. Toskigi

Toskigi New Member

Hey man, I'll give the game a shot in the next few days if you'd like some more feedback. When you say "Furniture placement issues", does this mean that we can place furniture btw?

15. Ayrin Greenflag

Hello @Toskigi no i mean that furnitures like columns tables etc could appear in allways now they shouldn't anymore.

16. Toskigi

Toskigi New Member

Oh! Okay awesome!...Now how about that door issue? :p Is that resolved yet?

17. Ayrin Greenflag

You mean the door that doesn't open? I noticed it happens only when the door appear as you step down the dungeon, it's not clear why that happens since the code just clone the door tile and place it, i will investigate it further since doesn't make sense for that to happen.

Toskigi likes this.
  18. Ayrin Greenflag

Modified the ranged attack, now works as the close combat, first quest from rumors, to have it you must first solve a normal quest to gain 1 reputation point. Let me know what you think. :)

19. Ayrin Greenflag

Quests system changed, now you get quests from shops (also from rumors). 4 quests availables for now.